Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2003, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

fall clean up and preperation for spring

I know that i am a little late for fall clean up but i do have soe questions about good pricing for racking and the beneits of blower vacs. I would also like to know what kinda of time they may save. i did a few lobs this year mostly useing a rack and then a mow charging double the price for a mow. Most people found this to be fair. i did how ever run into a snag that many people in the ND area did seem to care about leaf cleanup. Any suggestions for equip and advertiseing for fall clean up will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You answered your own question bud, it's a little late in the season. I'm gonna be done with my 2003 season Saturday. I charge $40 per man per hour and I run 2 Scag 52" Hydro's, an echo Pb-603 backpack, and two walkbehind blowers and a rake and some tarps. What kind of equipment are you running? Do not bother using the rake for doing cleanups, just use it to put the leafs on the tarp. Most guys around here have leaf vacuums on their trucks and that helps greatly. Again it would be too late to advertise now, most people have already who they wat to do their leaves but do a search and you will find lots of threads on this topic. Then from then on you can make your own judgments as to what you need to do to make it happen. Good luck to ya.