Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-10-2003, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenQuest Lawn
What I would like to see is a way to pick the forums you like to read when you hit "view new posts" I like the fact that I can read all new posts but the endless scrolling past political debate, religious debate etc. gets dull.

This is how I read lawnsite. "view new post"

but It would be nice to be able to ignore a couple forums from that search.
I don't like to search each forum individually unless I am looking for something specific..
Old 12-10-2003, 09:28 PM
Founder

So, you just want to view new posts for an individual forum instead of a broad new post search???

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 12-10-2003, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey thats better, Thanks I just bookmarked that thread so now when I come to LS I can go directly there.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Chuck, can't you block these individual forums from the base 'view new posts' command? The folks that are interested in that type of thing will go hunting it anyway and, personally, I don't come here to see someone's rhetoric all over a professional forum. My 2¢.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by CSRA Landscaping
Chuck, can't you block these individual forums from the base 'view new posts' command? The folks that are interested in that type of thing will go hunting it anyway and, personally, I don't come here to see someone's rhetoric all over a professional forum. My 2¢.
I will see what I can do about removing these from the base view new post link.... I really don't understand your concern though... the off topic forum is filled with this 'rhetoric' and it makes up part of the 'view new posts' page. ??

Rhetoric all over a professional forum? All over? Come'on now, don't you think your exaggerating a bit? Nobody makes you click a particular thread.... especially when you can see up front it is something you are not interested in.

You may not be interested in any topic that is not directly related to the business side of this industry but please remember, this is a very large community... a community that is made up of many different points of view, some of those points of views wonder off the path of lawn care but these people still make up a major part of our community..... I'm just happy they decide to spend a little of their free time interacting with their friends here on LawnSite.com.

Again, I will see what I can do as far as the view new posts....

thanks for the input.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckwk
I will see what I can do about removing these from the base view new post link.... I really don't understand your concern though... the off topic forum is filled with this 'rhetoric' and it makes up part of the 'view new posts' page. ??

Rhetoric all over a professional forum? All over? Come'on now, don't you think your exaggerating a bit? Nobody makes you click a particular thread.... especially when you can see up front it is something you are not interested in.

You may not be interested in any topic that is not directly related to the business side of this industry but please remember, this is a very large community... a community that is made up of many different points of view, some of those points of views wonder off the path of lawn care but these people still make up a major part of our community..... I'm just happy they decide to spend a little of their free time interacting with their friends here on LawnSite.com.

YEAH!! What chuckwk said

Again, I will see what I can do as far as the view new posts....

thanks for the input.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulJ
This is how I read lawnsite. "view new post"

but It would be nice to be able to ignore a couple forums from that search.
I don't like to search each forum individually unless I am looking for something specific..
On the "view new posts" page, it tells you what forum the post is in. Just don't click the ones you don't want to visit. For a while, I'd click on a post, and get a message like... "reserved for exclusive members." I think it was called Green Industry forum. I don't see that any more, I don't know if the forum is still there, and don't care.
What does bother me sometimes is posts with misleading names, or "please read", or that give no clue what they're about. If you start a poll, for instance, name it something that relates to the subject of the poll. Not "Take my poll." You'll get a lot more results.
Crawdad
Old 12-11-2003, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

After I posted that reply, I had to think to myself a little bit ... it was a bit strong. I generally don't venture into the off-topic forum, simply because ... I do come here for business-related topics. Work, work, work ... I'm so boring! Thanks, Chuck, for providing this forum in the first place.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:23 PM

Some of these post brought tears to my eyes. BUt ya know when I was growing up we didn't even have computors much less lawn forum and access to all the nakedness.....WE didnt have riding lawn mowers. I had to walk to school barefooted in the snow. The wind would blow up through the floors in the shack if one of my 9 brothers and sisters had to get up off the rug to go to the outhouse(the rug was over the big hole in the floor of course). I spent muh days out in the field picking cotton. If I did a good job. I didnt have to sleep in that drafty old barn that night....
My tears flow because now I realize how good I had it compared to you guys having to search through all those links for what you had you heart set on reading. Thank you for these heart warming stories of trials and tribulations. Please share more so I can show my sister who is in the hospital with emphesema and heart disease and no legs. I am sure she will get the same lift I did.