Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-05-2004, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

hello, Im new here

hello, I just found this forum today and found it very informative. Ive been in the yard business about 4 years now and Ive starved about the whole time!LOL I really enjoy what I do though and cant think of another thing Id rather do, (my wife can though). I am a one man show and Im only able to handle about 3 yards a day due to poor health, and ony can do shrubbery about 2 hours at a time. This past 6 months I ran into bad luck, lost 10 of my 22 yards and they were the good ones too! 2 passed away, 5 moved and 3 I lost to the 10 dollar yard people. Habe only replaced one so far and it hurt right after buying my FIRST 6300 dollar ZTR When I read the posts here about what some of u folks were able to charge I was amazed. I live in south Georgia and if you get 15-20 an hour you are doing good! No lie, we have lawn services that will do a 2 hour yard for 25 dollars! I lost one last month that took me 2 hours and I got 35 for it to someoe who will do it for 15 dollars. I think everybody and his brother has gotten into the lawn service in my town. You can ride thru town on friday and every other truck/van has a trailor and ztr hooked behind it.Sorry did not mean for my post to sound negative or discourage anyone new> Im going for broke this year, Im either going to make it or hang it up, and Im going to try my best to make it because I really do enjoy my work.Hope everyone has good luck at their business!
Danny
echo hedge clippers
echo long pole hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Polaris Sportsman 500 AWD ATV
last but not least, TWINS!
Old 01-06-2004, 05:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic