Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-13-2003, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Has anyone owned a Country Clipper

I found a Country clipper for sale for $3000. It only has 53 hrs on it and it comes with a 14ft trailor for an extra $500. It has a 48in deck and a 19hp Kawai. engine. The steering uses a joystick and I seem to be able to operate it just fine. Has anyone used this mower or one like it? The company states that they build mowers for snapper and Dixon. Does this sound like a good deal?
Old 12-13-2003, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi Drobber,

This is a post by A-Z Lawncare, maybe you could contact them for more insight.

"We are going to be adding six CAT Powered Bad Boy's 72"
We are demoing a 72" 32hp Brigg's and we really like the way it mows and the ground speed is great for the large area's we mow. the cut is very consistent and despite the difference in weight it will hold the hill with the best of them.

Also we are adding three F-250 diesel Crew-cab's this year so that we can keep up with business.

Probably add three Country Clipper walk behinds 36"
and of course some Robin trimmers / or maybe I will try Red max,never demoed one ?

I will also be adding three red max hedge trimmer's and one Kawasaki hedge attachment for my 23 trimmer."
Old 12-15-2003, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Member

country clipper

I just sold my country clipper when I moved out of state. I owned a country clipper "JAZee" for a short time & traded up to a Zeton Brat. The mower was great. It was fast, efficient & left a great stripe in the lawn. What model are you looking at?
Old 01-28-2004, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Member

I was at my Stihl dealer yesterday and he just got in some of the Country Clipper Jazee's. To my inexperienced eye, they looked like a good machine for the money, under $3000. I don't know if they are commercial quality (they looked it to me) but for that price, I would think they would give homeowners an option to the riding mowers.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

turfmedic, which Jazee did you have before moving up to the Zeton Brat? I'm considering a Jazee (or JazeeTwo, if stilll available) for my 1-2 acres (don't regularly mow far back section). Thinking about the 48 or 52 deck with the 20-Kohler or 19-Kawasaki twin (any preference?). A local dealer also has a leftover Zeton Brat (not sure which one). Any advice is welcome. Thanx...
Old 03-16-2004, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Member

If you are going to buy a jazee make sure you get a jazee two the hydros will last a lot longer and the pullies on the idler arm have lips on them so you wont throw belts. Also you can't get a 19 kawy twin. we only make jazee twos in 20 kohlers. and regular jazees only offer joysticks. And the brats a little underpowered we don't make them anymore because they don't sell(to expensive for that small HP) If your going to spend a lot get a zeton. Or wait till your dealer gets the new chargers in which is a zeton on a cheaper body.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Member

rvrdvr, thanks for your prompt responses (on at least 3 threads). I'll be checking with the larger dealer/dist in the next few days, but I'm guessing that a new Charger (and probably a good used Zeton) is out of my range for now. My local dealer has suggested the JAZeeTwo 2048KOJ2 ($4995) or the 52" deck ($5095); I'm leaning towards the 48" for a little more power in the taller stuff in my far back section. The 19 hp KAW versions are $100 less (but I'd pass unless they have more torque than the KOH). He also has a leftover Zeton Brat 1948KAJ with the standard seat ($5600) which he said would be more rugged than the Jazee2. Another option is the mechanic's used Scag SuperZ (24Kaw/61) for $2800 (he's replacing it with a Zeton). What are your thoughts? How about for a friend with a little smaller, better groomed yard? Thanx...
Old 03-17-2004, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

That isn't to bad of price on the brat there isn't to much difference between a brat and a zeton cept the smaller motor and it doesn't have a swivel front end. They have the same hydro pumps and wheel motors as a zeton so it will last a long time. If you dont have to much land to mow I would just get the jazee2 with a 48" deck. they are a good little mower and should last you a long time.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Also the 19 kawy's would have to be regular jazees because we haven't made any 19 jazee twos(unless your dealer put a 19 on a jazee two which i doubt they would) and that would make those 19's really not worth the money because regular jazees have cheaper, crappier transmissions and smaller tires.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

rvrdvr, Is the 19 hp Kawasaki on the Zeton Brat the same as the one on the JAZee? If so, should I go for the JAZeeTwo and the 20 hp Kohler (unless you are criticizing the JAZee's tranny and smaller tires, rather than the engine). Bottom line: 19Kaw/48J Brat @$5600 or 2048KOJ2 @$4995 (unless the Kohler would have no trouble powering 52" in tall grass). Thanx once more...

Last edited by mowhigh; 03-17-2004 at 07:50 PM.