Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-24-2003, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Contract

With all the posts about contracts I thought I would post one I have been working on for a while. If you have any comments let me know and if you would like to use it go ahead. I don't post very much but I do read allot here and have got allot of good information so I thought this might also help some people out. It is in microsoft word format and if you use anything else to look at it the box where the customer signs to agree to the terms may not show up.

Qball
Attached Files
File Type: doc sample contract .doc (65.5 KB, 714 views)
Old 12-24-2003, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Very indepth-how long have you used it.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like it. I don't provide all of the services you do so I can't just steal it. LOL It does have a nice layout to it that gives me ideas for mine. Thanks for posting it. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by precisioncut
Very indepth-how long have you used it.
This form will go into use the first of 2004. Since June of last year I used one that was close but not as many details or options. This one lists more services that will now be under contract and not just pay as you go. It also gives more payment options although I am still unsure about letting them pay on a 12 month plan unless they want to over-seed for winter color. I also added more details about how their property will be mowed. There is a service guide that details all of the optional services that the customer will receive with this but I am still revising some of the wording.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If the Client attempts to cancel this agreement in a manner other than described in paragraph A, then (Your Company Name) shall be entitled to recover from the Client compensation for services actually performed and liquidated damages equal to 25% of the price remaining to be paid to (Your Company Name) for the portion of the agreement period remaining after cancellation.

Qball: can you explan the 25% cluse in your contract?
ant
Old 12-28-2003, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Member

qball, i like it as well. what program are you using or did you make the template your self. sorry to be a dead horse guys. still trying to line a good software up to do my paperwork. i know guys its should be a different thread and i'm sorry. looks like qball has put together real well. since i'm off on a tangent anyone use quicken. thanks in advance all, for hearing me out.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ant

Qball: can you explan the 25% cluse in your contract?
ant [/B]
If they want to cancel they have to give written notice. If they call and leave a message on voice mail trying to cancel I will let them know I need written notice or they will owe extra money. An example would be if the full term of the contract was for 30 cuts at $40 each then the total for the season would be $1200. If you have already performed 15 cuts for the season then that would be 15 cuts at $40 each for a total of $600 and there would still be 15 cuts or $600 left for the remainder of the season. Because of this clause the client would owe 25% of the remaining $600 or $150 for violating the terms of the contract.
The reason I use this is too make the customer send me something in writing saying they want to cancel. This way there is no misunderstanding and they can not say I just quit showing up because I have written proof. I don't really intend to use it to get more money it is just an incentive for them to put their intentions in writing to cover myself in case they start saying bad things about my business.

I made it using Microsoft Word 2000 and ideas from about 15 examples I have. I have made a slight change or 2 since I posted this one and in a day or 2 I will post it for people to use if they want.

p.s. I use Quick Books Pro for billing and reports.

Qball
Old 12-30-2003, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Your contract looks very in depth. Thanks alot for posting this example. I know i definitely can use all the help i can get with this matter.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Member

We wuse a 10 page contract custom- Each job is lettered and line itemed by task and 2 pages of T and C's
Old 12-30-2003, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

JVS can you post that contract for us?

LoL
jeff
Echo 230s Trimmer
Echo HCR-1500 Shrub Trimmer
Sthil FC-75 Edger
Homelight B/P Blower