Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-01-2005, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did you get that a farm and fleet........how much weight have you Had on it? what did you pay for it?
Old 01-01-2005, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, bought it at Farm & Fleet. I think the manufacturer is Barron Fabrication. Don't remember what we paid for it.

It is built pretty tough (square tubing for framing AND siderails as opposed to angle) but it has a lot of flaws...

Gate -- mesh isn't supported very well so we reinforced it. In the upright position, it leans forward a lot; we fixed that by adding a bracket to allow the tilt of the gate to be adjusted. The lip is c-channel which can make it hard to get equipment over it when slippery, it needs a piece of angle on the end.

Paint -- sucks. It is flaking off everywhere. It should be in mint condition because it is stored indoors while not in use and is kept pretty clean. Gonna have to repaint it black one of these days.

Added a lot of stuff to it also. Added another board to the floor to get rid of the gaps. Added sides to close it in. 6 HD D-rings. 2 sets of fastraps. Junglejim wheel chock for push mower. Trimmertrap, 2 jungle spracks, 2 bp blower racks. One of the most important things we've added was brakes. Spare tire. Replaced both packs of leaf springs after one broke w/out a load thankfully.

Don't haul a lot of material in the trailer other than mulch. We put ~5 cubic yards of double shredded mulch in it. Don't know what it weighs. If it was a tandem or had a higher capacity axle/tires, we would put taller sides on it for more mulch.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How long have you been plowing for? Where you ever plowing when you where still in high school?
Old 01-02-2005, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is my 3rd year plowing. The previous 2 seasons we only had 1 plow truck, this season we have 2.

2 years plowing while in high school. Skipped school if necessary. We didn't get many plowable events the last 2 seasons though, I didn't miss more than 2 days of school per semester.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How often could you get the work done and not need to skip school, and did you parents support you in the idea of skipping classes?
Old 01-02-2005, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had good attendance in high school. I never missed more than 2 days per semester.

It all depends when the snow comes. If a snowstorm ends by ~midnight then we could get all of our accounts cleared by morning.

My parents didn't care. I kept good attendance and a good GPA.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Was wondering if you have been out plowing with your new duramax yet? If so how she run for ya? How do you like the Blizzard plow? What size and what was the cost on it?
Old 01-03-2005, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The duramax hasn't got to plow any snow yet. We have had zero plowable snowfalls this season. I hope we get something soon. I can't wait to try out the new blizzard.

It is the Blizzard 810...8'/10' plow -- each wing can hydraulically expand 12" to make the plow 10' wide.

Even though we havn't plowed with it yet, it is an awesome plow from what I can see.

$4,145 cash and carry.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2005, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Forgot to attatch this one...
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2005, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like that ezdumper? what does one run? any info is apprecieate.