Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-12-2004, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Mahindra?????

Has anyone used this (Mahindra) brand compact tractor? Just wondering what your thoughts are of this brand of tractor as far as quality and resell and all that stuff goes. Let me know what you guys have heard and or think about it, I have a friend who is considering the 35 hp model, with loader and hoe. i have never heard of it, but I am curious to see if anyone else has. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the 4110 model Mahindra with a Bradco 511, 11 ft hoe. Where are you in CT? I will be more than happy to show you my tractor and answer any questions. I'm on I84 at the CT/MA state lines
Old 01-12-2004, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Member

lamarbur....thank you very much for the offer, I have been to a dealer with my friend is looking to buy one, and they look like pretty good machines. I was just curious whether or not they are reliable, and how people have used them, and if they do the job, so to speak. What do you do with your machine? How has it worked out/? If you had to do it all over again would you still purchase this brand? Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Member

I hog mow 20 acres of grass, I have dug out numerous nuisance trees, several sitches, some huge stumps and other. Where in CT do you live as you can come here and see for yourself. What dealer were youo at, the ojne in Bethany? I originally had plans to do perc tests some underground electric and other projects. Being layed up 14 weeks this past year, put an end to all that.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Member

lamarbur, thanks for the invite, i will be talking to my friend today about this, and i will let you know about whether or not he wants to come see it. I think it would be a good idea for him to do so, so it will most likely happen, if its still convenient. Thanks again
Old 01-15-2004, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

yeah, he decided to just go and buy the tractor. He has talked to a few other people and they have pretty much given the same idea you have, and that is that they have had good luck with it. Being the impulse buyer he is, he is just going to buy one. Thanks though, for the reply and the invitation.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Well, your friend went and did it anyway. I had no problem if you guys wanted to try my machine. I am sure he will like whichever one he bought, and will get many years of service from it.