Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-20-2015, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Bellevue Landscaping- 2015 Pictures and Story

Hello everyone, my name is John, and my company is called Bellevue Landscaping. It's always been my dream to run a huge company with lots of trucks and toys. As early as I could start working I did 2 summers at Beechwood in South Jersey. I started my own little gig when I was 15 or so. I used a troy bilt push mower, I "edged" lawns with shears, and I used a push broom. As word spread, I got my mom to drive me around in her SUV, and walked about a mile up the road to a mulch supplier, shook his hand, established a relationship, and got him to give me a deal on mulch delivery. i got a good amount of low-key clients. Anyways, about a year.5 ago I suffered a very serious concussion in a lacrosse game. The effects were devastating, particularly being told I couldn't do any work whatsoever. Worst of all, school was a sh*tshow. I was absolutely heartbroken. Since I couldn't do sports anymore (my passion). I worked on ramping up my company. Since then, I've grown to 9 people on my payroll (Not all at once, but still). I did about 300yds of mulch so far this year, have around 30 full service large properties.- only mow about 10. After working with Beechwood, my niche seems to lie in more install work and less mowing. I'll post and take more pictures this coming week.

Equipment- I run an exmark lazer z hp. This thing is my baby and it was one of the happiest days of my life when I bought it. Run echo blowers, husky trimmers, and just got a redmax hedge- I am definitely switching to redmax machines soon. Have some other fun stuff too. WIll post pictures tomorrow.

Anyways, I guess I'm just up late reflecting on my life so far. I just bought myself a beautiful RAM 1500 this week, and as I drive it around (alongside kids with parent-bought audi r8's and the like), I have to say I'm very proud of where I've come in just a year. (selfmade) I'm going to college next year and I recently received an offer to buy my business out, which after just a year of hard work is inspiring, but also am considering partnering with a great guy I know.

In conclusion, a few things I've learned: relationships are obviously everything, one door may close but another one opens, and lastly it's how you deal with challenges in life that define you. SO, if you're having a rough year or whatever, even though I'm only 17, just know if you bust your butt, it does get better, and the eventual feeling of success is extremely rewarding.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2015, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Here are some pics of my first job in Aug of last year. It was a mulch install, pebble path install, planting, and retaining wall construction. From this client, who is a GC, I've established a great relationship and from him alone, gotten 6 new clients including a commercial prop.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2015, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Member

The first picture in that previous post is actually a different install job I did last fall. Here are some more from this job. the first is a before
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2015, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2015, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Really great work man and really inspiring story. I am 16 (also a lacrosse player and also own a lawn and landscaping service. It really sucks that you can't play sports anymore, but just like you said, one door may close but another will open. Good luck with your business, hard work definitely pays off
Old 06-20-2015, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Member

The first is of my new truck. The rest are of one of my properties. No idea why they're upside down or how to fix.
Forgot to mention, please ask questions.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2015, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

These three are of a mulch job on a new client. If anyone knows how to make the pictures right side up, please advise. That's all for tonight, thank you.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2015, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you, great to know there are some similar people on here. Best of luck in your ventures.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers on here! First is a pic of my new uni's and second is a stripe pic with my exmark.
Attached Images