Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-2015, 10:14 AM
davidless davidless is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 27
Cup holder on a Walker

It's the little things in life that make us happy, drinking an IPA and mowing my yard with my Walker,
Just me I guess
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2015, 12:27 PM
OakNut's Avatar
OakNut OakNut is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 2,635
I don't always get thirsty when I mow.



But when I do, I have water handy.

Stay thirsty... errrr, I mean, no
need to stay thirsty, my friends!







I have one on my walk behind AND my 30" AND my 21" too! LOL!!!




Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 2,257
So, like I told you in the other thread, I LOVE Walkers...

But I also LOVE IPA's!!!!

I actually work at a package store for my winter job that specializes in craft and micro brews...

We just got in the DogFishHead 120 minute!!!!

Yup, I picked up a 4 pack for about 60 bucks but it's worth it!

Have you tried the Troegs Nugget Nectar?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2015, 05:20 PM
davidless davidless is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
So, like I told you in the other thread, I LOVE Walkers...

But I also LOVE IPA's!!!!

I actually work at a package store for my winter job that specializes in craft and micro brews...

We just got in the DogFishHead 120 minute!!!!

Yup, I picked up a 4 pack for about 60 bucks but it's worth it!

Have you tried the Troegs Nugget Nectar?
No, I'm always looking for new IPAs to try, I always go back to my commodore perry from Great Lakes. Which one has the most hops flavor?

Dave
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-21-2015, 09:00 PM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 2,257
Well, the DogFish Head 120 minute is considered the "Holy Grail" for hop heads...

Are you familiar with the International Bittering Units scale? Or the IBU for short?

This basically rates the hop content and the 120 pulls in at a whopping 120 IBU's...

It also has an ABV of 15-20%

Finally, bring your checkbook because a 4 pack of these wonderful little darling will run you about 60 bucks...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-22-2015, 07:37 AM
davidless davidless is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Well, the DogFish Head 120 minute is considered the "Holy Grail" for hop heads...

Are you familiar with the International Bittering Units scale? Or the IBU for short?

This basically rates the hop content and the 120 pulls in at a whopping 120 IBU's...

It also has an ABV of 15-20%

Finally, bring your checkbook because a 4 pack of these wonderful little darling will run you about 60 bucks...
Wow, now back to reality, what do you recommend in the 4 pk for 10-12 bucks?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 2,257
Haha!

Well, I would give Nugget Nectar by Troegs Brewery a try... a six pack comes in at 13 bucks but this may be hard to find...

Have you had any of the Stone Brewery IPA's? Arrogant Bastard or the Go To IPA?

Stone Brewery, along with Green Flash and Ballast Point are all from San Diego and all make tremendous IPA's...

Side note... Ballast Point's Grapefruit Sculpin IPA is probably my all time favorite.

What about Dales Pale Ale?

Bell's Two Hearted Ale?

Most of the above mentioned come in at around 10-20 bucks for a sixer...

We are just scratching the surface here though...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-22-2015, 01:52 PM
OakNut's Avatar
OakNut OakNut is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 2,635
I regret posting here. Very much out of my element.
No idea what an "IPA" is and there's no way I'd pay those prices for beer.


If you do, go for it. God bless America!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-23-2015, 10:34 PM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 2,257
Come on now Oak!

Don't you want to taste your beer?

Your still paying about 13 bucks for a 12 pack of Budweiser...

Pay 13 for a six pack of a nice micro brew and not only will it taste better but it will make you feel just as swell if not more!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-23-2015, 11:57 PM
OakNut's Avatar
OakNut OakNut is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Come on now Oak!

Don't you want to taste your beer?

Your still paying about 13 bucks for a 12 pack of Budweiser...

Pay 13 for a six pack of a nice micro brew and not only will it taste better but it will make you feel just as swell if not more!
Heh. I'll stick to the bottled water seen on my mower. $2.49 a case and tastes better too.


Not much of a beer drinker. When I fill out the forms where they ask how many drinks you have in a day (or however they quantify it), I really don't know how to answer.

I may have a few beers tomorrow, or I may not have one for another two years. A six pack would probably go bad before I finished it.

It's a good thing I guess because there's no way I could afford those prices just to drink "good" beer.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.07648 seconds with 10 queries