Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Moderator, Online Communities

yes, it appears the problem is with your device...as southerntide suggested, you will need to rotate the image on your device and preview it before uploading here on the site
Old 06-18-2014, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2014, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Member

^^ That was a test
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-22-2014, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Donovan View Post
yes, it appears the problem is with your device...as southerntide suggested, you will need to rotate the image on your device and preview it before uploading here on the site
Michael, I have an I phone there is no altering or changing the image. I looked at the imaged yesterday and all of them were turned in the correct direction now this morning some of them are turned to the left. Why?? I did preview the image and it was correct then I uploaded it and it turned. Also I uploaded a picture from my phone yesterday and it was correct this morning I did the same thing and it was turned. I think something is up with LS not my phone.

Training them early
Old 06-22-2014, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
Michael, I have an I phone there is no altering or changing the image. I looked at the imaged yesterday and all of them were turned in the correct direction now this morning some of them are turned to the left. Why?? I did preview the image and it was correct then I uploaded it and it turned. Also I uploaded a picture from my phone yesterday and it was correct this morning I did the same thing and it was turned. I think something is up with LS not my phone.
You have a PC correct? Use the stock image Viewer on your OS - Operating System to open the photo and click the curved left or right button to rotate it and you are good no need to save it once rotated it stays.

I assume you use MAC since you have IPhone not sure the stock image viewer / editor on those.

This is what it looks like on Windows Photo Viewer but I mostly use Photoshop but for rotate this is quicker

But you should be able to do it on phone when viewing the photo select your options key look for rotate.
Attached Images

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-22-2014, 09:58 AM

the only other problem I am thinking is that when you are taking the picture with your phone, you are taking them from different angles, views...meaning either taking the picture vertically or horizontally with your phone and the ones showing incorrectly here are because of that. when you upload an image here, it does not (should not) rotate the image in any way during the uploading process
Old 06-22-2014, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Donovan View Post
the only other problem I am thinking is that when you are taking the picture with your phone, you are taking them from different angles, views...meaning either taking the picture vertically or horizontally with your phone and the ones showing incorrectly here are because of that. when you upload an image here, it does not (should not) rotate the image in any way during the uploading process
Yeah the board attachments will NOT rotate uploaded photos

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-27-2014, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

^^^same EXACT problem^^^ its driving me crazy because i had just figured out how to rotate them on my windows computer and it crashed.... my new mac is confusing
Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm sure It has been mentioned somewhere in here but I'm not reading all of these pages, so is there a way to post pics from my iphone on here?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-16-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes92395 View Post
I'm sure It has been mentioned somewhere in here but I'm not reading all of these pages, so is there a way to post pics from my iphone on here?
Posted via Mobile Device
posting images from a mobile device is not "always" possible...meaning that the mobile version of the site is set up for simplicity and does not have the complete functionality that the desktop version does. that being said, to post pictures, you may be able to go to your "Menu" and choose "View Full site" and once you do that you may be able to upload a single image at a time from your mobile device if they fit within the site size specifications

or, as some other members have done before, if you have a photobucket account, you can post links/images from there