Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-15-2004, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Member

need quick pricing suggestion

I have a customer that i mow for that had her porch extended and the existing sprinklers need to be relocated, although i have not done this profesionally, i have done this in the past but for family. Job would consist of digging a trench about 40 feet for the new pipe and installing about 4 180 degree shrub heads. She has the sprinklers from the existing system, so i would need the pipe and fittings which should run me less than 10 dollars, keep in mind this lady pays when the job is done and never complains and has had me do other little jobs, which is good since mowing is so infrequent now. So what would some of you charge for the job. Thank you in advance for any help
Old 01-15-2004, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Depends how you are going to dig trench, I'm guessing your soil is soft and you can do it by hand. If so, I would guess 150.00 to 200.00.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Since she is regular customer and pays on time I would cut her a break. Here in Florida with the sandy soil you should be able to dig the trench in about 2 hours or less. Connecting the the heads and laying the pipe another 2 hours. That's a half day of work. I charge my regular cutomers $125 for a half day of this kind of work plus the cost of materials. If it was a 1 time job I would probably charge $200 plus materials.