Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-18-2004, 04:04 AM
LawnSite Member

commercial accounts

Does anybody have any proven ideas on how to approach a commercial customer of when their bids are due if you dont know who or where or how to contact the person. I am wanting to get into commerical cutting but dont know how to reach the right people!
Old 01-18-2004, 04:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to see the property manager. Usually one management firm will be responsible for numerous properties. Commercial bids are usually due in by Nov. 1st, begin Jan. 1st. and run for one year. You can try approaching them but in my experience they will contact you if they want your bid. Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What I did at first was,I looked through the phone book under property management,and gave all of them a call. Some told me to fax over a list of services,some told me to come come by and pick up the bid packages. Call them up and be very professional.

Around here we have some big industrial parks,with lots of factories with nice size lots.When approaching them I just walk in and introduce myself and ask to speak to the person in control of the property maintance.

Remember commercial cutting is cut throat, usually goes to the lowest bidder.No loyalty.

Get plenty of copies of insurance certificates,and get them bids in!!You may be to late this year though

Last edited by BigEd; 01-18-2004 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Start knocking on doors and asking who to speak with, send out letters or flyers and make follow up phone calls. Do these things year round on a regular basis and before you know it you'll have all the commercial accounts you want.