Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-19-2004, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Web design for $500?

Is $500 or less for webdesign out of the question if I am looking for a decent quality site? I have a 5 page site in mind with before after pics. I have it worded and partially laid out on WORD, I just need it dressed up. I have talked to some designers who want a min. of $1500 - $2000 to design a site.

Should I expect to pay this or is there someone out there who can do it for less?
Old 01-19-2004, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

web sites

Hi Turfsolutions,
Nothing is out of the question. You can find people who will do a site for you for $ 500 or $ 5000 or 50,000 or free. You may get what you pay for and you may get more paying less. The best bet to get a real bargain is to try to find someone breaking into the business that wants to have a few sites in their portfolio and will work cheap to get a start. My guess is you may get a few offers along those lines from your post. If you don't, I can suggest a few places you can go to look for someone.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Today I found a local guy that has a small up and coming web design biz on the side. He said he can design a 7 page site with graphics for around $500 and has webhosting for $96 per year. Not bad. I have seen some of his sites, they look very professional. We'll see.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Mines being built with 12pages and no limit on anything for $300 and hosting for $75 a year. This is the best part of it all. The designer is in Tx and me in NC. He and I are both online gamers and play on the same team. So we get on our communication and talk about what is going to be what. For the $$ i can bet it with a stick if i wanted to. hope to go live in 3 weeks.

Chris
Old 01-20-2004, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Im also in the same situation, im getting an unlimitedly large website for 350 which includes 9 months of hosting. i found a guy i used to go to high school with, hes still in high school, looking to break into the field, hes got quite the portfolio already but he was ready to give me deals as I keep finding him referales and more work. There are numerous design sites around that allows you to post what you want and then designers will actually bid on it. its a neat process. i believe
www.moonlight.com is one of them
check it out,
sam
Old 01-20-2004, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

You can go to www.designoutpost.com and enter a template contest. The usual amount offered is $200. You will have several designers enter different templates for you to choose from. Once you get the template then you can either load the content and pictures you want or have someone do that for you. A template is the overall look of the page. Header, side bar, menu buttons. everything surrounding the content area.

I found a designer willing to build me 2 templates (1 home page and 1 content page) plus build the site up to 15 pages for $500

I also found a site builder who will build the site, estimated 15 pages give or take. plus give me a content management system (CMS) to edit the site later as I see fit. for $400. I have to supply the templates. So he will end up costing me $600

I'm not sure which way I'm going to go. Both bidders were found at the link I provided above. I think the 2nd offer gives me more flexibility but with only one template for all pages. I don't think it is important to have a separate look on the home page, but it would be nice.

Both guys are going to add customer login for useing Gophers Lawnmail and setup the paypal payment and estimate and referaL forms.

By the way, I am useing www.1and1.com for hosting. They are offering 3 free years and still offer better options then the pay sites. this offer ends in 2 days 01/21/04.

No Banner Ads
No Pop Ups
No Sales Calls
No Spam
Strict Privacy

The Following Features Are All Included:

Website/Connectivity:
Hosted on I/O optimized own 1&1 Linux version
500 MB web space
5,000 MB/month traffic ($.99 per GB for additional traffic)
No limits on simultaneous hits/bandwidth
Protected by firewall
Daily backups of your website
99.9% Uptime guarantee

Website features:
Advanced live site statistics, log files, ready-to-run CGI-library, own CGI programming (Perl, Python), FrontPage 2002 extensions
Advanced Password Protection
5 FTP accounts
PHP3 & PHP4
MySQL
Proxy SSL Secure Server
Cron Jobs
SSH Secure Shell Access
Advanced Developer Tools
CRM/E-commerce:
WebElements
Newsletter Tool
One-on-one online dialogue
Turn-key web database applications
Chats
Forums
Domain names:
Register or transfer .com/.net/.org/.info for just $5.99/year
50 subdomains (e.g., shop.yourDomain.com)
Point up to 100 external domain names to 1&1
Applications:
Free template loaded online WebsiteCreator
Free full version of Fusion 7, search engine registration, ranking, optimization
Total software worth $300
1&1 Control Panel
E-mail handling:
50 POP3 e-mail accounts (50 MB each)
Catch-all e-mail addresses
Auto-responders, unlimited forwarding.
1&1 Advanced WebMail
Symantec virus scanner
Support:
1&1 Express support by e-mail

Soupy

Last edited by Soupy; 01-20-2004 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Designers site hes got some nice work out there.

Freedom Dodge

Chris
Old 01-27-2004, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm a web-designer, e-mail me and we can talk, I more than likely won't charge anything.

I'm mainly doing it right now because I love doing it and am trying to learn all I can.

You can see my works at my personal site www.blazeblack.50megs.com or my "buisness" site www.tech.20megsfree.com (that one may take a while to load each page because of my host... -.-)

I know of several places you can get domain hosting at for like $10 a month depending on what you want.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Member

or if you would rather my AIM is pink8pimpgirl and my Yahoo is Toolprincessblaze
Old 01-27-2004, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Check out digitalfusiondesing.com. Depending on how much you have ready (text, images, etc.) someone may be able to help you there for around 500-750.