Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-18-2000, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just thought I would pass this along....After spending a good sum of money at my Equipment dealer this spring I got a nice card from them...We apprecitate your Business...bla bla and so on.I asked my dealer about them and they gave me the name of Abbott Cards in MA and # 800-325-2231.I gave them a call and they sent me a sample pac...many to chose from that will work for us in the Green Industry.I did place an order and was very pleased..I thought it was a neat idea,after all it is our pay checks!!AND NO I'AM NOT GETTING A KICK BACK FROM THEM FOR THIS POST..just good PR for your business if you want to do it.<p>----------<br>John <p><p><font size="1">Edited by: jrblawncare
Old 06-18-2000, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a great idea!! I used to send Christmas cards and birthday cards to all my resedential accounts. It goes a long way, especially with the elderly who are commonly very lonely. It gives a personal touch. A Thank You note would be good for a one time landscape customer, a couple months after you finish the job, so your name sticks with them, even after the job is complete. I'd like to hear how some of you other guys go about this, it'llhelp the new guys too in their customer service part of the biz<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 06-18-2000, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I always add a message on their first invoice thanking them for choosing me as their service provider.<p>Homer
Old 06-18-2000, 09:33 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
I posted some funky holiday greeting images<br>at http://www.delphi.com/prolawn/messages/<br>under the topic &quot;holiday postcards&quot;<br>just hit the enter as guest button.<p>These are postcards so you save postage.<br>If you know how to work a puter you can take<br>those images and print them on card stock for your own usage.<p>This is a fathers day gift for all you young<br>scrubs.
Old 06-18-2000, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We send Christmas cards every year. I also take every opportunity to thank the customers for being customers personally. On a side note: How many of you have never met one of your customers? I have had one customer for 4 years and I have only spoken to them 1 time on the phone and I have no idea what they look like. I send them the bill and they send me back a check.
Old 06-18-2000, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Richard,<p>I have a handful of customers just like that. Never once had a problem with any of them paying, so it's no big deal. Always thought it was odd, though...<p>Have one customer who got herself a roommate and the roommate told me I'd see her more than my customer since she was home a lot. I told her that wouldn't be hard since I'd never actually met the other lady. Never even spoke to her. The whole account was set up with the previous resident who just told me to continue service and bill &quot;so-and-so&quot;. Lawn is always cut, bill is always paid.<p>No problem. <p>As for thank you notes, I think it's an excellent idea. We were thinking of starting Xmas cards for customers this year, now I think it's a lock. <p>-TGC
Old 06-18-2000, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

We give about 60% (the good ones) of our customers gifts for Christmas. Nothing big, maybe $20-30 gift certificates to the best ones.
Old 06-18-2000, 08:10 PM

I send a nice thank you letter to all at the end of the season. I also include notes and photocopies from the local extension on proper watering, maintenance, etc. with some of the invoices throughout the season. People really like it and it helps educate them as to what I am doing at their property and why it is right.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: jeffyr
Old 06-18-2000, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just want to add.... these cards have a cut-out to add your business card.
Old 06-18-2000, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We send thank you notes with refferrals. We try to stay in touch with a newletter every two months. Nothing big but they seem to enjoy it.