Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-24-2004, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Member

2003 Exmark Lazer Z 60"

I saw some of the other prices you offered on other mowers and I'm assuming that these units do not have a blower/vac head on the deck at that price. Do they work well without the blower/vac? Seems to me they would clog easily. I know the Exmark 3 bag unit with the head runs around $1300. More details would be appreciated along with a price. mmarcom@nc.rr.com
Stihl BR420C Backpack
Stihl FS85 Trimmer
6.5X12 open trailer with ramp
6.5X16 open trailer with ramp and side gate
Old 01-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Sponsor

CNE,
I'm not quite sure what you are asking about. Our grass catchers are fairly simple units that fit the outlet to the mower. They don't have any extra hardware such as blowers or vacs. Maybe you are looking for an ultra vac system of some kind?

Peter.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

No. I wasn't sure what kind of system you had. I figured for that low of a price it was just a regular bagger system. The Exmark system I looked at is a bagger but it has a belt driven head that mounts on the deck at the discharge chute to propel the clippings into the bags. I have used regular bagger systems on smaller mowers and they seem to clog up very easily. How does your system do as far as clogging? How much would one run for my mower and how large is the capacity?
Stihl BR420C Backpack
Stihl FS85 Trimmer
6.5X12 open trailer with ramp
6.5X16 open trailer with ramp and side gate
Old 01-25-2004, 06:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Accelerator on my walk-behind, I can tell you this it packs full every time. John has a pic. of one on this post. I hope this helps.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...threadid=55235
Jeff
Old 01-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Sponsor

Jeff,
thanks for the nice remarks.

CNE,
List price on the 2 sizes are $329.00 for the regular and #459.00 for the Jumbo. for a deck over 48 inches I would reccomend the Jumbo. It gets heavy when full, but the smaller bag would fill too fast with a large deck. Give me a call sometime if you have any more questions. The office is pretty quiet at this time of year!

Peter.
800-984-9410
Old 01-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Sponsor

CNE,
Sorry, I forgot to comment on clogging. Several factors are at work with how well the bagger fills. The quality of the mower deck as far as how well it discharges clippings is very important. the Exmark seems to do very well in this regard. Also, if you are mowing very tall grass it will be more of a problem, especially with a 60 inch deck. Obviously, a blower system will give an advantage as it sucks the grass in. The trade off in price and simplicity is something many people on this site have decided in our favor. I hope this helps with your questions.

Peter.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterA
CNE,
Sorry, I forgot to comment on clogging. Several factors are at work with how well the bagger fills. The quality of the mower deck as far as how well it discharges clippings is very important. the Exmark seems to do very well in this regard. Also, if you are mowing very tall grass it will be more of a problem, especially with a 60 inch deck. Obviously, a blower system will give an advantage as it sucks the grass in. The trade off in price and simplicity is something many people on this site have decided in our favor. I hope this helps with your questions.

Peter.
In wet give me the accelerater any time. The uv tube will fill with wet grass.
John