Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-31-2004, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MarsCo
You might want to try Cub Scouts, BoyScouts, Little League or groups like this. Offer a fixed donation to the group for so many flyers delivered. You will get adult supervision and probably a better chance at getting them all delivered. Anything more than 10 cents per is too much!
Fantastic Idea! Since it would be a donation it would also be tax deductable. LOL No I would rather have an organized group doing it with adults around. It beats having to buy candy bars and cookies.

Mac
Old 01-31-2004, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by adurham
Hey i am also new to the business as well...was planning on door hangers all along but what is wrong with putting flyers in mailboxes??
check with your local laws. most places it is against the law. or, do a search on this site, there have been quite a few posts about it. mailboxes are federal property. you can be fined or taken to court. that's not good for business.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

When we had our lawn and landscaping company. The first year that we had ours distributed we did not have them kepp good records. We found out that they were keeping most of the fliers and not passing them out. they would clame that they had put them out but after we checked places they said they had been there were no fliers. They were promptly fired and we collected all of our money and fliers back. Just make sure you have reputable people pass them out and keep track of there work. Just my 2 cents
Old 02-02-2004, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Around here there is a repitable business that passes them out for 10c for each house with a min of 500. $50 for 500 not bad. But he doesn't just pass out yours he has a plastic sleeve with multiple ads in it and I don't think mine stand out as much so I do my own. But it is a way to have someone else do it.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I ALWAYS PASS MY OWN SO JUST MAYBE I CAN DO MY SALES PITCH RIGHT THEN AND DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETING RIPED OFF!!!!!!