Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-06-2000, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Vandora Lawn:Ford and other makes by EPA and other federal laws must govern all vehicles. Its the same as changing a chip in a car, camaro, mustang GT and even police cars use US Gear chips. They cannot put performance chips on vehicles from the factory because the department of transpertation and other emmision laws regulate fuel flow exhaust flow and much more, if you look anywhere NHRA, IHRA, IRAS, performance shops, RV shops and more they all recommend these purchases becuse its only releasing the power that has been governed by the government. And agian if I wasnt clear: Ford, GMC, Dodge and others cannot put these items on from the factory becuse they cannot same reason why dont they put a Yammaha or Kenwood sterios in there cars or trucks there better than OEM but they cannot. Why dont they put Crager or other style rims on becuse they can only put there items on there cars or trucks and which where accepted by motorvehicle regulations. Go to Yahoo Vandoro and type in performance chips and you will be amazed at the amount of people and manafactures that make and run these items.
Old 11-06-2000, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

thanks
anthony
Old 11-06-2000, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you are worried about warranty then dont use one, 96 and up with OBD-II diagnostics can tell anyone with a scan tool that the "chip" has been removed.
Old 11-06-2000, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Service and troubleshooting: If your powerstoke ever needs service from Ford dealer, we recomend removing the powerchip from your PCM. If the power chip is still installed when Ford service connects their diagnostic scanner, the result will show that there is a problem with your PCM becuse it does not match the factory settings. We have had our other 97 Powerstroke in for a faulty injector and we removed the Banks chip and was never detected becuse its a external chip that mounts on the external port that has nothing but a black backing plate and cant be detected by a diagnostic tester becuse once you remove the chip the PCM automatically returns to the defualt OEM settings.
Old 11-06-2000, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The reason they recomend removel of the chip, is because the chip voids your warrenty.

Thats why I leave my powerstrokes stock.

Geoff
Old 11-06-2000, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not trying to offend people but its one of those cliques. If ya havent tried it dont knock it!! Once you install it youll say WOWWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOW why didnt I do that years ago If you work or play with your truck this is a must our 1st 97 posted here averaged 70hp at wheel and a whopping 200lbs of tourque. Our second 97 is going to have the Banks Powerpack kit on it which pumps out 350 hp and 750lbs tourque but have to change stall converters to a manual lock up to handle that power. But next project is to locate another MOPAR muscle car for my wife says her F350 Powerstroke can wait on the Banks kit if we buy a CUDA or a Challenger and shes the boss, but she tried my truck out and loves the power, now cant get her out of it LOL.
Old 11-06-2000, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are all nervous about warrenty dont buy them. If you do it right by removing it before sevice YOU WILL NOT GET DETECTED. Your other way to at least make those sloppy transmission shifts better is get the Banks shifter pack what that does is firms up your shifts which all auto Fords are famous for and does not void any warrenties. Second on the Passenger side we replaced the exhaust tube that Ford factory smooshed to fit, our after market one added 20 ponies with a K&N filter and that also wont void your warrenty. You can also get the Banks turbine housing which spools turbo up quicker and more efficent they give 35% more power and that also wont void warrenty so you see there is other options out there if this is a concerne to you.
Old 11-07-2000, 02:37 AM
Millenium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoffDiamond
The reason they recomend removel of the chip, is because the chip voids your warrenty.

Thats why I leave my powerstrokes stock.

Geoff
Sorry, incorrect. The warranty could only be voided if the defect could be directly related and proven to be caused by the chip. I quote Mike "We do advise pulling the Superchip prior to service, but not because of warranty considerations. We advise this simply so that the technician doesn't have any problems when they connect your vehicle to the SBDS (service bay diagnostic system). Having the Superchip installed during diagnostics will not interfere with that process, but with the Superchip attached there will be another error code reported, it's a P0605 code I think, that tells the technician that the computers internal eprom chip is not functioning, and because it's not replaceable, to replace the computer! In other words, they think the computer has actually failed because that chip is not functioning, most techs do not know how that external override data path circuit works. You see, when you attach the Superchip, engaging the circuit tells the comptuer to turn off it's internal eprom chip, and to seek it's instructions externally, via the Superchip. So the factory eprom chip is not supposed to be working with the Superchip attached, that's the whole idea, to avoid using that factory program! Conversely, when you remove the Superchip, that circuit acts like an on/off switch, and turns back on the factory eprom chip.

I installed a tripod gauge system to monitor my turbo, trans, and boost http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...ce=0&res=high.

Here is several good threads about chips: http://www.f150online.com/cgi-bin/f1...=30&LastLogin=

Anthony, Brian is right on the money, the power is great. I ordered a Super Chip because it removes the speed limiter, hit 105mph (only did it once)with little difficulty. I ordered mine from Mike Troyer (540) 862-9515 Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com. One of the smartest, most knowledgable guys I have talked to about chips, you would think he made them. They can be ordered online: http://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html
Old 11-07-2000, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Kirby nice guages found a new christmas gift for myself. Also Kirby I installed the K&N filter and the non smooshed mandrel pipe highly recomended around 20 to 35 ponies there. I think im going to put the B.D or ATS full 4.5" exhaust with the 5" tip there suppose to add some more power to and sound like a big rig specialy when the engine brake is applied. Ill keep you informed on what works real good! Hey if we keep going on this one we"ll have 1000lbs tourque before we know it LOL. check out http://www.bluechip.com well web sites moved ill locate later. they drag race Dodge diesels up here and run 9second quarter mile runs with a street diesel boy it sounds trick.
Old 11-07-2000, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There web site is http://www.bluechipdiesel.com