Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-17-2000, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! We are all scrubs here??<br>We should start a scrub club. <p>Karl<p>
Old 06-17-2000, 07:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Me wuz jus a danged ol scrub always was always will bee a scrub love bein a scrub and alway will luv scrubbin around i know that some of yall are smart scrubs but i am knot a smart scrub because i stihl weedeat my yards wif one o dem weedeeeeter that has a chain on it bit one day i will be a diamond scrub yup i want to be top scrubber and mabee i will to if all these scrubs go out of bizness cause they just charg a lot more than me.............
Old 06-17-2000, 07:31 AM

Hmmm. What did i do in a previous life? I think I helped build the pyramids. It was a hard life. But the lawn service business was kinda slow in that area. So I had to do something on the side. I would cut on of the shieks back yards then the sand would shift and cover the front yard before I could get to it. He tried to stiff me for half the payments. So I took one of his concumbines in trade...........
Old 06-17-2000, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Member

I've been in the lawn care biz full time for three years now. Before that I was a corporate engineer-- working for the man. I was involved with everything from new manufacturing floor layouts, to time studies, justifying new capital equipment, rebuilding old machine tools and identifying best vendors, etc. It was alot of fun, but the lawn care stuff was always on my mind. So I took a chance and am happier now than ever before.
Old 06-17-2000, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

busboy, cook, loss prevention investigator, wokers comp investigator, alcoholic, production lead, shipping lead, baggage handler, level I scrub, level II scrub, sole proprietor.<p>I will try and come up with a industry scale of levels of scrubdom in a separate post.
Old 06-17-2000, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well i'll start from about 20 cause i can't remember much before that! Realtor,property manager, mason tender, pizza man, microfishe tech.,tree climber,property manager again and now this.
Old 06-18-2000, 02:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Todd, better watch out letting people know you were a property manager! They have made the discussions a time or two and I'm sorry to say it wasn't all good!<p>Just messin' with ya, <p>Welcome aboard,<br>Homer
Old 06-18-2000, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Member

In my previous life, I think I was camera film
Old 06-18-2000, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

U.S.Army mechanic.Ran heavy dirt equiptment for six months. (fun). Got in trouble for working to hard. Dirt forman said I was working the other brothers out of a job. Brown-noseing the big boss was more important than how you worked. So I started cutting grass.We did'nt even have a blower. Used bromes. That was twenty years ago. Time for another change.My next truck will be a Freightliner. <p>----------<br>Yesteryear L/S<br>Hollywood Fla