Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-04-2006, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Member

soilman . im in shirley also i started with a 1991 bronco a 4x10 homemade trailer, borrowed a freinds echoe backpack blower, he gave me an old landscape barrel, and a rake.started in june. now i have a 1988 ford f450 8'x12' stake body dump,new stihl br600 blower, i advertise in the yankee trader
Old 01-04-2006, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgoldcleanups
soilman . im in shirley also i started with a 1991 bronco a 4x10 homemade trailer, borrowed a freinds echoe backpack blower, he gave me an old landscape barrel, and a rake.started in june. now i have a 1988 ford f450 8'x12' stake body dump,new stihl br600 blower, i advertise in the yankee trader
Thats great Irishgold, how many clients do you have now? when you advertise do you use an placed ad or just the paper in the yankee trader?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

how are you doing now since u started in june?
Old 01-31-2006, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Deer Park (Suffolk)....yea it seems like everybody is a landscaper on long island. There is alot of companies around here.do you guys think it would be harder to start in long island since there are so many people doing it.Or does that just mean there is a big market for it.??
Old 01-31-2006, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnguy268
Deer Park (Suffolk)....yea it seems like everybody is a landscaper on long island. There is alot of companies around here.do you guys think it would be harder to start in long island since there are so many people doing it.Or does that just mean there is a big market for it.??
Probably harder, since anyone with a mower and a pickup is considered a landscaper now. If I had a dollar for every company named "Jose Landscaping" I would be able to retire tomorrow.

<=====<<<< Success is getting what you want and happiness is wanting what you get.>>>>=====>
Old 02-21-2006, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im in plainview area and have 70+ accounts and wondering if any of you can tell me who to contact to become legal in Nassau? We did it part time and trying to expand a whole lot since we decided this is what we want to do for main source of income.. Also what do some of you pay for insurance i got a quote already for about 1000 a year

Also i think everyone is a landscaper on LI or everyone has a family member who is one lol.. we have no problem finding tons of customers.. our appearance is terrible our truck is terrible... But we are young, nice to everyone (customers, competition, neigbors) and do a goood job so apparently thats all people care about from my experience... We are going to get a real truck instead of my 97 gmc jimmy towing a 6x12 trailer and t shirts this coming season
Old 03-10-2006, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious when are you guys starting your first cutting this year????
Old 03-16-2006, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Member

start yet ?
Old 03-19-2006, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromny
start yet ?
april first many companies started doing cleanups the past week on the nice days id rather hold off and hand out flyers just got got about 40 calls in the first 2 days of running a pennysaver ad
Old 03-19-2006, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I been doing cleanups since last week but I was wondering when you guys where going to start doing our lawn cuttings. I think i am going to start the week of april 18th. What month are you guys starting?