Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-04-2004, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Member

My Lawn Service Flyer

I would appreciate it if you all would critique my lawn service flyer. It has been taken in bits and piences from others that have been posted on the forum. To those individuals, I say "Thanks."

Richard
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2004, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Member

My Lawn Service Flyer

I would appreciate it if you all would critique my lawn service flyer. It has been taken in bits and pieces from others that have been posted on the forum. To those individuals, I say "Thanks."

Trying this a different way from an image posted to my web site. Not sure of the out come though.

Richard

Old 02-04-2004, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Slogan sounded familiar...

I'd make it less "cartoon" like, as it looks like a teenager is going to come cut my lawn before he has to go to football practice. You have to make it look as professional as you want them to think you are. Kind of hard to read, may want to attach it differently so we can read a little better the wording.

Just trying to give some honest advice.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

New Verison of Flyer

New revised edtion posted to my web site. Thanks to all how offer feedback.

Richard

http://home.earthlink.net/~morin3/lawn2.htm
Old 02-04-2004, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not trying to dampen your enthusiasm but I have some residentials that I would hire you as a subcontractor and make money. What I mean is that there are some residential yards that are huge and if you are locking yourself at 35.00 you are gonna get creamed. Just some friendly advice, mayby "Reasonable Rates/FREE Estimate would be better for your bottom line. Good Luck
Old 02-04-2004, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

well Richard you ask us to critique your flier, so don't get upset, but it looks like my 6 year old made that flier. non professional and the $35.00 part opens you up for much more then you are thinking. I'm sorry to say this but if that is the best you can do you need to hire a designer

Kept trying Rome was not built in 1 day
Old 02-04-2004, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think there is a problem with the $35 part, because it is easy to understand that this means "starting at $35". In fact I think it could help eliminate some headaches cause you won't have the people wanting it for $10, $15, $20 etc. calling.

I have to kinda agree with the others on the cartoons (however they coulda been nicer in the way the provided their opinion). Bottom Line, you will get some customers with your mailing, but if you're looking for those high-end jobs that we all want, then you're going to need a more professional flier. Look to upgrading in the future.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres my advice:
Get your own slogan!!! That is straight from Twins!!
I think you need to write down the information that you want to put out there and start over on a new page. Don't list prices (they will vary) and don't go crazy with cartoons or no one will take you seriously. Believe it or not sometimes designing a flyer can take hours to achieve the effect you want. Be patient, relax, and try to keep it simple!
Old 02-04-2004, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That flier is going to cost you a lot of money to print. So you might as well make it worth it, and hire a designer to create a profesional one.

Maybe Gopher can help you out.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

THe cartoon stuff does make you look unprofesional,what i did was went to an office supply place and i ask them first i need a logo design.this was about $35.00 also put my logo on a disc for me included in the price.THen i gave them an outline of what i wanted to write on my flyer ,that was another $40.00 ,then had them do my biz cards .i feel it is more professional to have a graphic designer do it for you.plus to the publics eye they will take you and your biz alot more serious goodluck.remember you have to spend some money to make money.