Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-08-2008, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Member

question is anyone treating for grubs now and if so are u using granular or liquid imadacloprid?
Old 05-16-2008, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

why is roundup a pesticide.why do you need a license to fertilize.i have had 3 pest control licenses in both california and arizona and have never heard of either one of these labeled as a pesticide.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

are you serious?? you have 3 pest. licenses and you do not know that R-up is a pesticide?? This has got to be a joke.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 05-18-2008, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassmechanic View Post
are you serious?? you have 3 pest. licenses and you do not know that R-up is a pesticide?? This has got to be a joke.
Grassmechanic

I no longer get upset at those who ride the short bus. I see them as great insurance that I will always be in demand.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Grassmechanic

I no longer get upset at those who ride the short bus. I see them as great insurance that I will always be in demand.
I agree with you Ric, but it sure makes you wonder how some of these people ever got a license in the first place.The downside is that we all end up paying for their ignorance in the form of more gov't regulations.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 07-15-2008, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Member

In Fla. you have to get registered with DACS and get a limited lanscapers lic. for Fert. only . If you want to spray weeds insects and fungi you have to become a CPO . Fla does not reciprocate any states liscense. Dean
Old 07-15-2008, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Works LLC View Post
In Fla. you have to get registered with DACS and get a limited lanscapers lic. for Fert. only . If you want to spray weeds insects and fungi you have to become a CPO . Fla does not reciprocate any states liscense. Dean
Home Works

I think you might be mistaken about Florida not reciprocating with other states. Florida does have an agreement with N.C. for Golf Course pesticide Certifications. Florida also recognise other state CPO as having experience and reduces the time requirement. CPO from other states only have to work under a Florida CPO for one year to sit for the test. While North Florida might have a similar climate to other southern states, South Florida is true sub tropic and has a totally different need than other states. I feel a year working for a CPO is not a big issue to get a Certification that can be very valuable.

BTW At present time there is no State required License to apply fertilizer Many counties and Cities do require the BMP class and a local License. The State does have legislation in the works for a State wide Fertilizer License. It should pass this next session and although It will effect my program, I am in agreement with the proposed legislation.

BTW Welcome to Lawnsite.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I guess I should have been more specific. Yes it is true that licenseing in other states reduces your time requirement in this state. What I meant was you will not be granted licenseing without work requirements and proper testing with reguard to CPCO licenses. However the state does prohibit the application of fertilizer by unlicensed applicators if they provide the fert. and the application equip. The loophole is that the home owner must supply both. In addition our county requires a fert. applicator permit only supplied to properly licensed and insured CPCO's for the purpose of contracting with the general public. I have been in the PC industry for 20 yrs and state certified for 10 plus a member of FPMA and NPMA . This issue is very hot with them. Thanks
Old 08-27-2008, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.mda.state.mn.us/index.htm
Old 08-27-2008, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lot0210 View Post
I live in OH. and I wounder do I need experience to get my pesticide license?

lot
Yes, In Missouri to get a license is 7A or 7B, you need to work for a company for at least one year. That is to get a certified license.
Call: 636-939-0250 or 314-808-2591
Lic. CO4694

www.pestproservices.net
Harold@pestproservices.net
Dont't wait till you see Pest..Call Pest Pro so you don't