Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2004, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by monkey9197
jut wondering has anyone ever even heard of someone being followed by an inspector and getting fined for 10 houses. how would u not notice a car following you to 10 diff blocks
I was followed by an inspector. I did not know it, nor paid attention. He was in an unmarked car. He pulled up behind me as I was reeling in my hose and got out and introduced himself. Went through the whole inspection checklist, at least 3 pages long. No violations, but there went about 45 minutes down the drain.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 03-31-2004, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

great site. thanks a lot. very helpful and informative
Old 03-31-2004, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just adding my Thank You as well.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Venecular, I know it's a little late, but I'll answer anyway, It is legal to fertilize yours or someone elses lawn for free but illegal if any money is involved (you getting paid) for someone else's lawn
Old 04-26-2004, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
But after reading the state regs. I believe that you can apply General purpose fert., pest., etc. with no liscense. These are general purpose chemicals bought at Home Depot, Lowes or even Grocery stores. Which is only fair.
If you are purchasing through landscape suppliers or distributors, many of these products are stronger & REGULATED, (& Cheaper) You must be liscensed to use these.
*Note - The Texas state site also warns that a few of these store bought chemicals can be regulated as well, so be sure to read the labels carefully.

I WOULD APPRECIATE IF THE MODERATORS WOULD CONTACT ME IF I MIS-READ THE REGS ON THIS
THANKS

PS - Another option is to include a certain amount of your bid to cover general fert & pest control & never bill for it or even mention it to anyone (but perhaps the customer).

Last edited by larz; 04-26-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Karian
Great info, Now if we could find a list of which states "Reciprocate Licenses"?. I have found getting a straight answer to this is not easy.
They are all greedy pal. You probably just have to retest though.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You are wrong. All states license the application of pesticides for hire. The difficulty in getting your license is the only variable from state to state.

This info was provided so people could find the exact place to go in their own state to get details on licensing and education. Don't try to read different web pages and interpret for yourself. Call, write, or visit your own state regulators to get the exact answers for your own state.

Asking questions like this on a web forum will get you a great range of answers. You're better advised to get the answers straight from the horse's mouth. Contact your state regulatory office, including any questions on reciprocity.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lars, and Grassredneck, In mass you are both wrong, dead wrong,

If you are driving a commercial truck, includes pick ups you need a licence to transport pesticides, and to apply them, even if you do it for free. For hire dosnt mean you must be paid for it, it just means your not doing it on your own lawn.

I was a little unsure on the transporting the materials until I had a meeting with a state inspector a few weeks ago. And they confrimed this for me. If your driving a pick up with bobs lawn mowing on the side or pulling a trailer with a mower and blower on it and you got 1 bag of weed & feed you are breaking the law if you dont have a licence.

There was a landscaper around boston that didnt have a licence to apply so he just told all his customer he would do it for free. He just raised his mowing prices up to make the difference, I guess he got his advise from someone on this board, He got pulled over buy a state inspector and got fined for carrying a pallet of fert & dimension and not keeping proper pesticide records for all his " free " treatments.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Member

THANKS FOR THE INPUT, I WILL CERTAINLY CALL TDA BEFORE I DO ANYTHING, THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WAS TAKEN FROM TDA WEBSITE, PERHAPS I AM JUST MISSREADING IT.

Do I need a pesticide dealer's license even though I sell only general-use pesticides?

No, unless you are performing work for hire, then you should clarify with TDA whether your work would require a license.

Do I need to register my pesticide equipment if I only use general-use pesticides?

Only individuals who apply restricted-use and state-limited-use pesticides or regulated herbicides on a commercial basis are required to register pesticide application equipment. A general-use pesticide can be purchased and used by any person. If a product is sold at a discount, hardware or grocery store, it is probably general-use, but check the label to be sure. A person must have a license to buy and use restricted-use or state-limited-use pesticides or regulated herbicides.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Member

THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFO. ITS ALOT OF HELP!!!!