Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2006, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Member

hmmm.... that is interesting
Old 09-22-2006, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks a lot, I am considering this as an add on and the list you provided was a big help. I want to make sure I am following all laws.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey everyone. im new here. ive been in landscaping for almost ten years now and im trying to make the jump to chem application. can anyone point me in the right direction as far as procedure or requirements go in Maryland? any help would be appriciated. thanx!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Member

This is some info I can offer from Colorado. It took me a year and a half to get this answer. Basicly straight fert application that is deposited on the ground, not sprayed. Does not need a License. Herbicides are considered pesticides and by EPA regulations are controlled as hazardous (this is for all states). Special permits and certification are needed. (which I agree with) plain old Fertilizers such as Ammonia Sulfate, complete Ferts (30-15-5 and such), and soil admendments do not need special permits. However, the extension office I worked with to find this out and the state office could not find guidelines on this in writing.
Here is the link for Colorado:
http://www.ag.state.co.us/_vti_script/search.html0.idq

With the chemical side of things I feel the same about it as I do in the Lawn Care biz, be fully certified and trianed, be licensed and Insured for ALL the services you offer.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There is some more research you should do before you put your plan together. You're on the right track to get the testing and such, but you will also have to have a certain time period of experience working under a licensed firm or company to aquire your own business license. . For your state, it is atleast 90 days working under that category, or 1 year under some of the other categories.
http://www.isco.purdue.edu/pesticide...nal_3b_7b.html

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Disregard this last post...it was designated for someone in another thread.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for postin that link
Old 03-06-2007, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundKprs View Post
There are so many questions about pesticide licensing in individual states lately. A couple of years ago, we looked for a way to list all info for everyone, and Jodi found a listing for all state offices.

Getting individual answers can often lead in a slightly, or not so slightly, wrong direction. I have put together a page to connect to the proper training and licensing pesticide offices in all US states and territories. Access is at Pesticide Regulation in the USA.

Something like this should be locked at the top of this forum to help new members find their way.
Jim,

Would you please tell me about fertilizers on lawns in Indiana. Do I need licensing for just this?
Please email me at mowmygrass@yahoo.com
Thank You,
Jay
Old 03-06-2007, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Jim,

Would you please tell me about fertilizers on lawns in Indiana. Do I need licensing for just this?
Please email me at mowmygrass@yahoo.com
Thank You,
Jay
Jim's long gone from this site. Check with you state department of agriculture.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 03-08-2007, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

JayD,

You do not need a license to apply straight fertilizer. Anything with pesticide such as a weed and feed type Scotts junk etc. require a license. You will have to take at least 2 tests(core and 3B) as well as have experience. There is also a 2 day class that eliminates the expreience requirement. Search for OISC or Office Indiana State Chemist in a search engine and that should point you in the right direction. The classes and testing are through Purdue.