Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-10-2004, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, well it's not a problem now, but it was once a long, long time ago.

nice logo by the way, very professional.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

First impressions last. Each LCO need to differenciate themselves from the other. As for myself, I'm just getting started.

I don't have uniforms but have had T-shirts and hats made up. When it's 110*+ I find it hard to wear polos. My trailer is lettered. I always polite and respectful of potential clients. I use the best equipment I can afford for now.

My truck is the only thing that needs to change because it's pretty ugly but runs better than my brand new car. I can't afford one now but by the end of the season I should be able to.

But mainly my work and attention to detail is what has set me apart from the bigger LCO's around here. I will always use that as my selling point but looking clean and nice will always help as well.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

First impressions always last.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi Lawncare04,

Those are all great ways to improve your business. I am sure your potential and current customer's would appreciate those changes.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you are mowing for the Trailer Trash $15/cut it will probably hurt you to have a neat appearance. If you want classy customers you must look professional.

Image is KING!!!!!!

cush
Old 02-11-2004, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Member

All the people that think that these things are'nt important will never be real successful. I get tons of calls from my truck lettering.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:53 AM
LawnSite Member

that is where i have been going wrong. I thought CASH was KING!
Old 02-13-2004, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Ive been in this business for 11 years and I found out that u must present a professinal apperance and attitude. People want to see you pull up in a lettered truck and trailer , your equipment looking new and clean. On fridays all employees must clean out their trucks and wash them. My maintence crew which is made up of 1 part-time and 1 full time clean and repair all piece of equipment daily/weekly. This keeps your equipment around alot longer . All personal wear a uniform. I found out if u let them dress themselves u got problems. I have a uniform company come in once a week pick up the dirty unifroms and leave clean ones for the week. We supply the t-shirt they pay for the pants.
I had a customer one time i pulled up to their house and first thing she said was your going to be expensive because we drive newer model trucks and are lettered. Needless to say she didnt choose us because we probally are higher than the guy who just got laid off from work and thought he would run an ad in the local paper . but i dont want a customer like that . I want the customers who when they have to cut back on spending its one less trip or vacation that year, not cutting me out. Most of my accounts start at $50.00 and up. we do alot of commercal accounts. and they want profesional looking company ..