Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-18-2004, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I kinda come and go on the site. When it gets to be too much newbie stuff for me, I take a break. Sometimes, there are great things to discuss. Other times, it gets on my nerves, but it's part of the deal here. I've certainly learned a ton of new stuff thanks to this site, and I can't derride others for trying to do the same.

Old 02-18-2004, 12:55 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by mtdman
I've certainly learned a ton of new stuff thanks to this site, and I can't derride others for trying to do the same.
great point!
Old 02-18-2004, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am also new to the site but not new to the business! although sometimes I think I know alot I find more info, I find that out in the field that some LCO's do not like to talk about their business they feel you may be stealing their Idea's. but hear everybody is very helpful and more relaxed, I love IT glad to be part of a great site and a even better business Thank's to all Great Job!!!!!!!!:blob3: :blob1: :blob4:

Joe
Old 02-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by aries
I find that out in the field that some LCO's do not like to talk about their business they feel you may be stealing their Idea's.
Joe
That is one of the original ideas behind why I started my first lawn forum on lawnicure ... back in late 1998. ( ha, using OLD board script called Matt's Script WWWBoard, version 1.0 )
Old 03-12-2004, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I apologize to all for my previous post above. It must have been a bad day or something! Again sorry...
Old 03-12-2004, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Great site guys i am a new user and somewhat new to buss and have learned more in 2 wks on the site then the libariey could offer me also when I sign on to look at treads I usually find my self looking for certian user names which have answered mine or others with really good honest oppions (tiedman) but thanks to all you older member you guy are a big help us new guy like posting stuff to also I think its great that sean and chuck are ative in the site thanks guys
Old 03-14-2004, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

as mentioned before, the newbies asking all the same ole questions, will one day be old hands complaining about newbies not using the search engine.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Member

What's a 21" mower ???

lol, just kiddin
Old 03-15-2004, 06:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mtdman
[B]Sometimes I get discouraged when I come here and see the same old questions, same old arguments, etc from a fresh crop of newbies. Kind of repetitive.

But, I just try to skip by them and read something else. [/B

If you go to the other ones! They have nothing new to say
But the complaining of the newbies.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i personally dont mind certain newbie questions.

I think lawnsite has 2 kinds of newbies.

Newbie Breed #1-Lazy newbies. These are the ones who come up with posts such as: I need a walkbehind, I have some small yards and a big one. I need a trimmer, whats a good kind.

These are the types that get annoying, these are the newbies whom have made no effort to investigate for themselves and are basically saying, I dont want to do the research, you guys do it and then get back to me. These types of posts get annoying, just because its pure lazyness.

Newbie Breed #2-Informed, Motivated newbies. These are the newbies whom have done their detective work, have a general idea of what they need, but still need help. Questions such as, I have mostly moderate sized houses, one with a pool gate and one wide open...would a wise descision be a 52" walkbehind and a 21" mower.

These dont really bother me, no matter how many come up. They have done a little work, and are just looking for a little guidance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont really think a newbie forum is the solution for the problem, for the simple reason that the only people that will post and repond are the newbies. No one else will visit it, and posts will just pile up and they will get no inteligent responses and no one will get any answers.

I think it should be made clear to newbies before they post of the 2 kinds of questioning, and which ones are deemed acceptable and which are just pure lazyness, and that they need to have made some effort to find answers for themselves before posting.

Once they do a little work, they have a better idea of what they need and it becomes much easier for us to help them, but with these vague questioning, we dont really know what to say.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHO AGREES WITH THIS?