Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-10-2000, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok I am in the middle of a project, and not being a ford fan I am not to anamered with the truck anyway, but it will be a stout truck when I am done.
The truck is a 76 f-250 rolling chassis with divorced ta case and 4 sp tranny. We are installing an 88 300-6 cyl EFI engine. The fuel system from the 88 needs to be swapped over to the 76 frame, but the rear tank from the 88 is to wide for the 76 frame. Does anyone have an idea about what tank to use, and how to supply the fuel to the electric pump on the frame?
Old 11-10-2000, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Could go with either a late model daul tank F150 or you could get a external tank like in northern magazines. you will need one thats set up to pump Fuel Injection for alot of those are pressurized with pumps.
Old 11-10-2000, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the late model ford tanks wont work, they sit in board of the frame, and not enough room on the 76, its to narrow, the tank wont fit in the rear for the same reasons.
The truck now has a pump in the tank to supply the efi pump on the frame.
Dino
Old 11-13-2000, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Dino,if all else fails,you can use the stock tank,with an inline low pressure pump,feeding a small 5-8 oz fuel resivour that can be bought or hand made.This will enable you to put the EFI pump on the frame rail,and not have starvation problems in turns and when stopping fast,if your below 1/2 tank of fuel.This will work if you can't find a suitable new baffled tank for EFI.