Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2004, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Member

athletic field pricing

Larger acreage quotes (2-5 ac) and athletic field quotes vary widely in my area. I am curious if any would share their pricing formula for application alone ( preferably do not include fert or chemical charges since everyone's program is a little different). Base your comments on if it were multiple app/repeat customer accounts. Also, grounds are adaptable to boom sprayers and/or z-sprays -- no walking required.

thanks.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't really know the answer but wanted to say I saw your truck at A&M last week or week before--Nice color... Must have been there for the irrigation workshop?? I work out there as a research Associate for Turf/Forage breeding. I have my own business on the side Wylie Farmersville Lavon Princeton areas
Nevada is doing alot of residential too. Mowing & lawn/ tree shrub program only part-time. Stopped by Lesco today, I do granular and back-pack it for now My first ad is going out next week . If you see it let me know what you think.
A1 Ladybug Mowing ETC...
Sue
Old 03-03-2004, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Member

It is probably bad form to reply to own post, but I am still seeking input. I have a backlog of estimates awaiting me on larger acreage properties such as school sites. It simply isn't feasible to base application on the $5-$7/k that most use for smaller jobs.

Several methods might be :
1) $60-$75/hr plus material
2) material x 3
3) cost plus

Customers don't seem to have a clue as to what is normal, but I do intend to be fair and still make a profit. One customer simply said to do what it takes. Again, all this work is adaptable to a z-spray or 20ft boom spayer and most would require little movement of support vehicle. Most of these inquires have never contracted out weed/fert care.

Comments would be very much appreciated.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Member

On larger jobs I did them at a straight $3 or $4 a 1000 sqf. no trip charge. I do a 4 ap fert program which incudes WC. On my 4 ap program total exspence for the season is around $4.89 per 1000. So you make no profit on the first ap but everything after that is mostly profit. Usually up to 200,000 sqf is $4, over that is $3.

5 acres: 218,000 sqf, 218 x $3 = $654 per ap x 4aps= $2616.00

exspence for 4 aps. 218 x $4.89 = $1066.00

so you make $1550 for 4 days work, if that not enough try $3.50 a 100. workthe number till you feel it is right.

Hope I was able to help,

Brian
"Grass is what saves and holds the water that keeps life good and going. ... It keeps the falling rain from flushing away. Blades of grass take water from the air and transpire it into the ground. That works the other way around too. Because grass blades help put water back into the air so that rain can fall again" - Theodore Roosevelt
Old 03-03-2004, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

we use a formular for what we call 'big' accounts (big is 10acres or more)
Hourly rate of $60 per hour (we generally figure 3 acres per hour)and figure in travel time and loading time(1hour min.)
product cost plus 100% mark-up
Old 03-04-2004, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We price all commerical accounts at $36.00 per K, for annuall program, ( 5 apps )

Example, 210,000 sq ft property would be

210X36=$7560.00 for the season then divide by 5 to get app price = $1512.00 per treatment. This is a normal IPM lawn program that includes lime.