Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-02-2004, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Meg Mo price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read the posts and checked out the site. I was thinking about trying them on my Ferris but dam that price is killing me! I sat back and thought if I paid close to $200 for my Velke I could pay close to $200 for blades but then i thought, what beinfit am I gonna get? The Velke gives me more speed and being 5'10 and 160lbs i don't want to do any cardio (I'll disappear!). The Velke also keeps my boots from getting muddy, and I don't have to worry about stepping in dog poop either.

I run doubles with high lifts on bottom and gators on top. I have my blades as high in the deck as they can go and the deck low enough to give me a 3.5" cut. Even with a 14HP kawi on my Ferris my cut is awsome. I get no clumps of grass. I used to get asked if I baged my clippings. My Ferris stipes very good too.

Now as far as the Meg Mo. What would I be paying for? $180 for the same blades I already have? Looking at the design I can't see how there is more then $5. worth of material and maybe $5. worth of labor per disk. I would love to try them but i honestly can't afford them. Sad to say I'll wait till some one makes a copy of the set up.

Meg Mo your product is very interesting and from what I've read from the people who HAVE them, they all love them. But there are alot of us who are small Co.s or just starting out and we look at everything to give us more for less. I honestly think if your blades where more affordable you would make up the difference is volume. This is tuff competition and it wont be long before some one comes out with a knock off version of your set up. Take Velke for instance....... How many name brands are there..... But I still went out and got a velke because I feel there is at least $40. worth of material plus labor and the knock offs aren't that much cheaper.

Don't get me wrong no matter how low the price of something we always want it cheaper but at least make it fell like your getting what you pay for.

Sorry if this post looks to have no point I just hate to see something simple with so potential be so exspensive.

Don't ask for an easier life; ask to be a stronger person...

203-856-5602
Old 03-02-2004, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Re: Meg Mo price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Playboy

Sad to say I'll wait till some one makes a copy of the set up.

LOL....How long you willing to wait? They have been on the market for at least 10 years already.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 03-02-2004, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

?!?!?!?!?! Get out and there still that much!!!!!!!!!! Damb that makes me want to copy them!!! lol just kidding. Wow I'm really surprised no one has made a different version.
I just read about them last week on this site. For being 10 years old you would think every one would know about them like gator blades.....

203-856-5602
Old 03-02-2004, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Playboy
[B]?!?!?!?!?! Get out and there still that much!!!!!!!!!! Damb that makes me want to copy them!!! lol just kidding. Wow I'm really surprised no one has made a different version.
I just read about them last week on this site. For being 10 years old you would think every one would know about them like gator blades.....

WE DO!!!!! Meg-mo on the left. your high lift on the right. Your gator blade on the shelf!!. If you just got wind of meg-mo i'm surprised you know about ferris?
John
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Sponsor

Gator blades have been out for about 20 years now and I hope MEG MO is as well know in15 yr.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Re: Meg Mo price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Playboy
But there are alot of us who are small Co.s or just starting out and we look at everything to give us more for less.
Sounds just like the customers everyone on this site allways complains about.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Re: Re: Meg Mo price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fareway Lawncare
Sounds just like the customers everyone on this site allways complains about.
LOL isn't it true!
I just can't get over the price. Even gator blades are only a few dollars more then regular blades!

203-856-5602
Old 03-02-2004, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There are many costs involved in bringing a product to the market. Testing and certification costs alot of money. Many people copy products or think about copying products for their own use. They look at a product and only see the product, not what's involved in actually manufacturing, marketing, administrative etc. etc.. A product that is very simple and does not pose a danger is one thing, but lawnmower blades are not so easy.