Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Admin / Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by leadarrows
I still get them way too much. What gets me is if you can load the oops why not the page you want instead? Probably a reason but I don't get it.
What takes the most resources are the database queries to generate pages - forum listings, thread listings or thread view pages.

By simply stating that the server is too busy, the forum software avoids making these queries to the database and therefore greatly reduce the load associated to a normal page view. Once the server load is back to normal, it can start showing pages normally again.

I am still monitoring the server and seeing what can be done to improve the situation, given the high increase in popularity LawnSite has got in the past weeks.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc
Old 03-06-2004, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Member

OOP'S........

By far much better. Have not seen an OOP'S on this end for the last 3 evenings.

3 p.m.-6p.m. Pac. time had been the worst.

Keep up the good work.
Mike
Old 03-07-2004, 09:17 AM

I spoke to Pierre yesterday. When we put LawnSite on its own server, we thought that it would solve the problem we were having before, which was server downtime. The problem was solved once we made the change. However, the site has grown much faster than we anticipated so Pierre has come up with a solution. We are going to have to dedicate two servers to LawnSite, which should eliminate the "oops" message.

Pierre said he would find some time this week to make the addition and that should make everything run smoothly once again.

I know it is frustrating, because I get the message too. I have to laugh though....kinda reminds me of walking up to your own front door and no one will let you in

The message used to be "server is down" or something to that effect. But Chuck changed it to oops because he is such a funny guy....I was thinking, maybe that message should read "The site is down because there are too many people accessing the site at this time. If you would like to voice your displeasure call Sean Adams at home during dinner time and let him know you aren't too happy!"

What do you guys think?
Old 03-08-2004, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I was thinking more like 2 A.M.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean Adams
I

The message used to be "server is down" or something to that effect. But Chuck changed it to oops because he is such a funny guy....I was thinking, maybe that message should read "The site is down because there are too many people accessing the site at this time. If you would like to voice your displeasure call Sean Adams at home during dinner time and let him know you aren't too happy!"

What do you guys think?

Sean that is good now I will have to look up your phone number But seriously it has gotten much much better. Thanks Pierre, Sean and all of the Moderators.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Member

YUP - its more better (or is it, more gooder).

In either case, thanks

Tom