Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2004, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

the "electric wheelbarrow" is very handy on the right job .
and can save allot of $ on doctor bills later in life! (back probs)

Quote:
electric wheelbarrow? come on guys, come on. now, you are killing me.how bout you just get a wheelchair too, so you don't have to walk to the truck. what do you do to get or keep your equipment running properly? maintenence, preventative maint, keep it greased, use quality oil, good fuel, etc. well, what are you doing to keep or get yourself in condition during december, jan, feb, march? you should be excersising. when the day comes that i need an electric wheelbarrow, i'll buy some rope and look for a good strong branch
Nothin wrong with "working smarter, not harder"
(screw the wheelchair... just need a remote control for the mower, and maybe a remote controled helicoptor to replace the line trimer... just cant figure out how to edge by remote...lol....then you can just sit in the truck the whole time.. )
Old 03-10-2004, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, bobby has done it again. He has lured us all in to bite on such a simple subject and get our feathers ruffled.
Looking at the content of the majority of his posts, I really think he is being paid by Lawnsite just to entertain some and pi## some off.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lombardi
Well, bobby has done it again. He has lured us all in to bite on such a simple subject and get our feathers ruffled.
Yeah, but's it's much better than arguing with the wife
DP
Old 03-10-2004, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GarPA
Doc..being the old fart that I am, always looking for ways to do things easier...do you know who makes the electric wheelbarrow and a ballpark price?
Who's older again.... I'm 2/28/50.
Here's one website. I'm ready to get one.

http://www.countryhomeproducts.com/p...46134XE2343309
Old 03-10-2004, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

lombardi, if i entertain you, that is great. if i p!ss you off, then you are knucklehead, for taking things so seriously. but the fact of the matter, on the subject, is simple. this line if work we are in, requires physical fitness. i can't believe my eyes sometimes, i see landscapers, who rely sooo much on thier health, streghnth, and ability to brave the elements, and i see them smoking like a chimney, and eating lunch at wendy's , cheese running down thier chin off of thier double bacon chedder melt, they can't pump the french fries in fast enough either. then, they downsize or go out altogether cus they say the work is "too labor intense". sure it is, if you're trying to work with a ciggarette in one hand, and a milkshake in the other. i have a cousin, did landscaping only, the most beautiful work , pavers, stone walls, very nice stuff. he was solo, and made a great living till he was about 33 yrs old. then he quit, cus, "it's too labor intense." two packs of butts a day, and eating like a slob, never excersised at all. saw him last month, he's at least 100 lbs overweight, i can't tell where his chin stops, and his neck starts, his fat head is the size of a basketball. are you getting my drift? electric wheelbarrows? good lord, what will they think of next?and, by the way, sean.....you're late on your payment!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Member

roughly 1 man hour per yard. But if you have to spread by hand instead of fork, or a steep hill about 1.5 man hours per yard.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bobbygedd
electric wheelbarrows? good lord, what will they think of next?and, by the way, sean.....you're late on your payment!
Bobby,
You need a bit more time to catch up to me, at 54. Anyway, I never wanted to use a sulky, but rather walk every lawn. Well, now I still walk the same amount distance on lawns, but using the sulky "and walking", I doing 2 to 3 more lawns each night.
Again, as the smart guy you are, if the wheelbarrow let's you do 4 jobs in the same time it takes to walk 2, and as long as you keep up "your same rate of phyical output", you're just making more money for the effort you're expending.....
DP