Register free!

Old 03-08-2004, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco Reps

For those of you who deal with Lesco..........How would you rate your rep? I just met with a rep from Lesco today. He's helping me set up a program. I would rate my rep a 9. He was willing to help/listen, answer questions, and give me his full attention. Lesco actually took me out to lunch to talk about my new program. I think that they will be a great help to me and my business.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We have two guys that work at our store, (Kevin and Tim), and these guys are phenomenal. As knowledgable as can be, but that's not even the half of it. They are so helpful in so many ways, and go well out of their way to be that way. I DO have to say, their friendliness and great sense of humor really plays a big part in making the visits enjoyable. I wish there was a way, (that I knew of) that I could contact corporate, and tell them just how much these guys are appreciated, not just by me, but I've heard the same thing out of SEVERAL different lco's in the area. These are the kind of guys, that by now, (yes, I realize it's just their job), I would go out of my way to help, and do it happily, if I was ever asked.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

my local store has had problems to say the least.
when they opened i got used to the reps and started to buy more off them them 1 got fired and the other left?
then 2 new guys came finally got used to them they helped me out a lot and went out of there way to help me so i was setting up my whole program to use there products and once again they were fired last week. i go in and see 2 new guys so all the time and effort was a waste of my time.
i don't know what the problem is but i have had enough with this crap and will not go back.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my guys are the best . They take every thing form mowers to spark plug out to my truck. I needed a end for my blower but they didn't have a part number for it and they gave it to me for nothing.

They will come out to the job site to diagnose pest or to tell you what you can do to better the lawn. I give them a 10
Old 03-09-2004, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

In january I gave my Lesco Reps a yearly list of what I would be buying and ask for a price bid. So Far I have called them Um-teen times and they still have not given me a price quote. OH WELL I guess they don't want my 5 figures of business this year again.

Both my reps are real nice guys and although one is new he tries to be helpful. The other has been with Lesco for a while and has some knowledge. However he tells me his boss has to approve the price quote.

I like Lesco products they are good and the location is great. However if they don't get me a price quote very soon I will go with my old suppliers. BTW I am a cash customer, no charge accounts.

With other fertilizer companies hurting for profit and closing distribution centers I can not understand Lesco's lack of response.

Hello Steve

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.Ē John Wayne.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I dislike the Lesco here near me, and I do believe a great deal of that has to do with the reps. I make every effort to stay away.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Member

the lesco around is to far and when you deal with them, they are .moody.started with jdlandscapes the rep seems ok.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mike and Spencer here in Charlotte (Pineville store) are great. I'm new to the whole fertilizing thing but they have helped educate me in a short period of time.

I hear Lesco just opened a second store in Matthews. Need to get over there and check it out.
"Now the guy's gotta come up with Paulie's money every week no matter what...'Business bad?- screw you, pay me.' 'Oh, you had a fire?- Screw you, Pay me.' 'Place got hit by lightning huh?, SCREW YOU, PAY ME'

- Ray Liotta as Henry Hill in Goodfellas
Old 03-09-2004, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

heres my opinion....

seems to me if you are fairly new in the business then lesco will do all the things mentioned here. Go out of their way to serve you. They look at you and see $$$ (dollar signs). They sell you product at a higher cost, sometimes sell you product that you really dont need and...when you are not around...tell others what a PITA you are!

If you are a more seasoned business and you really dont need (or want) their advice only want to buy their product..first, you'll get a better price, second, you'll get little service. I think they figure since you buy much more product but at a lower price than the newer company that you are not as profitable to them. I really dont get it!

of course, these are MY opinions, and I have dealt with 3 lesco service centers.

AND, if you have a service center that does repair work (mechanic) you will wait a long long time and pay way way to much for parts. And you can expect to bring that piece of equipment back in fairly soon for 'tweaking'.

not a lesco fan
Old 03-09-2004, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i also love the way they do there price structure like Chinese math if i ever saw it
i can buy pallets of stuff for 1 price and if i need a few bags to finish i pay the per bag price what a joke, i spend thousands in there store. well not any more.