Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2004, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Where are all the sponsors?

Just out of curiosity, where are all the sponsors' banners that are usually at the top of the pages?

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Re: Where are all the sponsors?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Runner
[B]Just out of curiosity, where are all the sponsors' banners that are usually at the top of the pages?

I'll give you a hint When i drank before noon i Couldn't see then either

John LOLOL there up there, just ask Chuck.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

LOL!!!
This must be something with my computer. When I was at my Lesco today, we got on, and on his computer, it showed them all. I just thought to myself, hmm,they must have got them fixed and back up. Now that I'm home, they are not there, again.
I just had my computer updated, and I have Norton Internet Security Professional 2004 installed. Is it possible that there is something in THIS that hides the banners?

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:41 AM

Don't quote me on this....hopefully Chuck and/or Pierre will also respond.....but I think that firewalls and certain security measures will hide the buttons from plain view....so I think you are right...it may have something to do with your updated security measures.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see any banners either. I use norton firewall and have all availbable AOL filtering stuff turned on too.

Maybe you need to incorporate them into the site by some means other than a banner. I can't imagine your sponsors want to pay for invisible ads.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:58 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by darryl gesner
I don't see any banners either. I use norton firewall and have all availbable AOL filtering stuff turned on too.

Maybe you need to incorporate them into the site by some means other than a banner. I can't imagine your sponsors want to pay for invisible ads.
Pierre will have to answer this for sure....

But, in all the years ... this is the second report of anyone having this problem.

Not very many end-users use firewall, let alone high security settings enabled in your firewall software... you can go into your firewall preferences and enable the loading of images.... and, on top of that not many people have that high level of security then turn on every available filter.

IMO... what a hassle! Why surf the net if your that nervous? You must get stressed out just turning your computer on.?

Old 03-23-2004, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckwk
Pierre will have to answer this for sure....

But, in all the years ... this is the second report of anyone having this problem.

Not very many end-users use firewall, let alone high security settings enabled in your firewall software... you can go into your firewall preferences and enable the loading of images.... and, on top of that not many people have that high level of security then turn on every available filter.

IMO... what a hassle! Why surf the net if your that nervous? You must get stressed out just turning your computer on.?

Hey, it's not a problem for me. I don't care if I see the ads or not. I was just trying to be nice and let you know that YOUR MEMBERS CAN'T READ YOUR SPONSOR ADDS.

I don't have my security settings up high and who said I was nervous. Having a firewall on a business computer is just good sense. And no, I don't get stressed out just turning my computer on.

This is exactly why I make myself scare on this site these days. You try to be nice and help out and there's always somebody who turns it into an opportunity to insult.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by darryl gesner
Hey, it's not a problem for me. I don't care if I see the ads or not. I was just trying to be nice and let you know that YOUR MEMBERS CAN'T READ YOUR SPONSOR ADDS.

I don't have my security settings up high and who said I was nervous. Having a firewall on a business computer is just good sense. And no, I don't get stressed out just turning my computer on.

This is exactly why I make myself scare on this site these days. You try to be nice and help out and there's always somebody who turns it into an opportunity to insult.
In reference to this... "IMO... what a hassle! Why surf the net if your that nervous? You must get stressed out just turning your computer on.?"

Let's hit the virtual reset button on that piece of conversation.

In NO way did I mean to come off as a smartass or insulting (I'm sorry because I did) .... For a second I must have thought I was still conversing in one of the 'techy' forums I participate in. I apologize for talking to you in that tone.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:26 AM

darryl - I don't think Chuck meant anything by what he said. I will have Pierre check into this and see what can be done. You made a good point about sponsors and getting what they pay for. Chuck is a techy at heart and sometimes his pocket-protecter is too tight
Old 03-24-2004, 02:56 PM
Founder

techy at heart but not at mind