Register free!

Old 03-12-2004, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Member

ZTR Spreaders (JRCO?)

Just wondered if anyone has some input on purchasing a front mount spreader for a Lazer (Exmark)?
I have always used push spreaders, but we are adding large estates and need to upgrade. We have been looking at the JRCO front mount spreader with foot control, but I don't know anybody with one to give advice. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-12-2004, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There expensive, probably worth it though, I'm looking at some lower priced units. I have a lesco spreader, 100lb, but that gets hard on the body pushing it around. getting older.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

before I bought p-g's I had a lesco truckster ( very similar to the Jrco ) that was mounted on one of our ztr's That work good for large commerical sites. Not good for the mower cause the fert gets everywhere and very hard to clean out of all the nooks and crannies. Plus it ties up a mower.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one last year and we love it. saves time and man power. The original cost was around 800. as far as the fert on machine it only takesa hose to clean it off. not a whole lot on mower with the flap it has on it. Good luck
Old 03-12-2004, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James Cormier
before I bought p-g's I had a lesco truckster ( very similar to the Jrco ) that was mounted on one of our ztr's That work good for large commerical sites. Not good for the mower cause the fert gets everywhere and very hard to clean out of all the nooks and crannies. Plus it ties up a mower.
I have 2 ztr riders at present, getting rid of my w/b and adding a 3rd rider in about 1-2 weeks, what I'm doing is sending 2 mowers (newer ones, a 72" and 60") out with the crew, I will keep the old 2001, which is a 60", pull a areator, and put a fert spreader on it. Also I can do some cabin mowing up around my place, or on big jobs help out the crew (money makers). Oh ya forgot to mention, the home based mower is also set up with a collection system.