Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2004, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

florida organics

I am in the process of moving to Florida, Flagler county. Does anyone know what the laws are for organic lawn programs in florida/

1. Can I apply just organic ferts without a license?

2. Does CGM require a license in Florida to apply?

3. What are the steps to get a pesticide license?

All help is appreciated.

thanks Carl
Old 03-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Sponsor

Your questions will be answered at this site on
April 1, 2004. This is all I can say at this time, but be sure to log on April 1, 2004.

Thank You,

Bioman
Old 03-14-2004, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Member

am I supposed to fall for an April fool;s gag or is this for real bioman?
Old 03-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Sponsor

Yes it is for real. I will start advertising on this site on April 1st, 2004. So be sure to check out the sight on that day.
1-888-224-8275
http://info.biolsinc.com
Old 04-04-2004, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

anybody can put true organics down in florida without a spray license! if you use fertilizers that arent organic you better get a license!

if you want to do organics move to dallas texas because florida has NOT tapped into the organics industry enough for you to earn a living doing it here,,,,,in other words you will starve to death doing organics in florida,,,,unless you have the patience and cash to GROW the organics industry
Old 04-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Sponsor

This is not true Norm Al. Florida has tapped into the organic industry, and you can make a good living doing it here. Just go to www.biolsinc.com, and give me a call.

Ron
1-888-224-8275
Old 04-05-2004, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

bioman your link doesnt work you can call me at 863-670-9032
Old 04-05-2004, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Norm Al
bioman your link doesnt work you can call me at 863-670-9032
NormAl,

try www.biolsinc.com
Old 04-06-2004, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Norm Al
anybody can put true organics down in florida without a spray license! if you use fertilizers that arent organic you better get a license!

if you want to do organics move to dallas texas because florida has NOT tapped into the organics industry enough for you to earn a living doing it here,,,,,in other words you will starve to death doing organics in florida,,,,unless you have the patience and cash to GROW the organics industry

Scott

I would like to correct you about the chapter 482 of Florida law. Anyone can put down fertilizer, Synthetic or Organic. They should have a local business license from there county and city, but there is no State violation of law.

HOWEVER once you apply any product as a means of controlling any pest you must have the a proper license from the State.

A homeowner can apply a pesticide product synthetic or Organic to their own yard without a State License.

NOW AN APPLICATION OF A ORGANIC OR SYNTHETIC PESTICIDE TO PROPERTY OTHER THAN YOU LIVE, MUST BE DONE BY A FLORIDA CERTIFIED AND LICENSED COMPANY.

Let me make this very clear. Unless you are a certified pesticide operator in the state of Florida, you can not put down any pesticides on others property. Pay or no pay.

Any product including Organic Pesticides not labeled by the EPA as pesticides can not be applied legally as a pesticide in the USA.

LET ME GO ON TO ADD THAT ANYONE WHO SELLS CORN GLUTEN AS A PRE-EMERGE AND APPLIES IT TO A LAWN, MUST HAVE A LAWN AND ORNAMENT CERTIFICATION AND LICENSE. FAILURE TO COMPLY TO THIS LAW COULD BRING FINES STARTING AT $ 5,000.00.

BIOMAN

I don't mean to dash your hopes, but. Your organic pesticide market is homeowner only. Then I am not sure of that, because the label is the law and organic for the most part don't have EPA reg labels.

I believe organic synthetic bridge product have a place in Florida horticulture. However I will agree with Scott (Norm Al) You have a long road to hoe and educate.

Now I hope you have not invested a lot of money it this venture. Because every year I see hundreds of people come to Florida and start new business. Now every year I see those new business fold. 5% make it past the one year mark and About 1% made it past the 3 year mark. Now after over 50 years in the same town I have seen them come and I have seem them go. So good luck to you because you need all the luck you can get.

Chapter 482 Pesticide Law http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/ind...2/titl0482.htm

Chapter 487 Pesticide Law http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/ind...7/titl0487.HTM

Chapter 576 Fertilizer Law http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/ind...6/titl0576.htm

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Sponsor

Ric,

I have been in business for 19 years. I along with the Bureau of Entomology and Pest control have both researched all the regulation and statues. There is no clear REGULATION on organic, or non epa rated products. If you read all the regulations you listed Ric; They all state that a person or business applying, or selling restricted use herbicides or pesticides must be a FLORIDA CERTIFIED LICENSED OPERATOR. Nothing I use or sell is CLASSIFIED A RESTRICTED USE PRODUCT.

RIC, I HAVE ALSO BEEN APPLYING ORGANIC PRODUCTS AT A NICE PROFIT MARGIN, WITH MANY SATISFIED CUSTOMERS SINCE APRIL 2000. I HAVE BEEN REPORTED 3 TIMES BY THE SAME COMPANY IN MY AREA. AFTER THE THIRD REPORT I WAS ASKED TO SEND ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE ON MY PRODUCTS TO THE FDoA&CS. AFTER WAYNE GALE READ ALL THE INFORMATION I SENT TO HIM, HE WROTE ME A LETTER, AND AS LONG AS I OR ANY OTHER DEALER IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA ADVERTISE AS A "BIOLOGICAL ALTERNATIVE TO CHEMICALS" WE ARE SAFE FOR THE TIME BEING.

YES THEY WILL REGULATE THIS LIKE ANY THING ELSE, SO THE STATE GETS ITS FEAR SHARE OF THE PROFITS.

SO RIC BEFORE YOU GO RUNNING OFF AT THE MOUTH IN HERE YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR FACTS TOGETHER.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS RIC.

MAY YOU THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE
RON AKA BIOMAN
1-888-224-8275

Last edited by bioman; 04-06-2004 at 07:40 PM.