Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2004, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i will not sign anything...

had a customer ask for a fert program. gave them a price for the whole thing, and sent a contract. they called and said they want the program, want to be billed by the app, not the entire program, but will not, by any means, sign anything. would you service this client? if no, why?
Old 03-14-2004, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Absolutely..I've had programs for over twenty years,never a contract.I make it easy for customers to cancel if they choose.Never have to worry if you do a good job..JB
Old 03-14-2004, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
but will not, by any means, sign anything.
The Customer has to "BY LAW" sign the "CIS" Customer Information Sheet in New Jersey.

I personally wouldn't work for someone THAT INSISTANT on NOT signing contracts of any sort... Doesn't feel right!?
Old 03-14-2004, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

emerald got it right. the answer i was waiting for. you pass emerald
Old 03-14-2004, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

WOW... a POP Quiz???...
If I had known, I would of studied more
Old 03-14-2004, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We don't have any "written contract" here in Michigan for fert.. We jus do it per application, and if they want to pay ahead for the discounts, they may do so. In THAT case, there is a checkbox on the slip that they send in, but still no signature.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

but runner don't you have d.e.p requirements that say the customer has to have copies of safety info or dates of notification of when the chemicals will be applied? thats the reason here for the signature. i get pre pay on the programs, so i don't care if they sign or not, but the d.e.p requirements are strict about proper notification, and the only way to prove it was sent, is to have that signature. my last inspection, the lady reached into my files, pulled a folder out, saw the records of applications, but no notification forms. she was ready to hand me a $800 fine. good thing it was a female inspector, i was able to charm my way out of it
Old 03-15-2004, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bobbygedd
but runner don't you have d.e.p requirements that say the customer has to have copies of safety info or dates of notification of when the chemicals will be applied? thats the reason here for the signature. i get pre pay on the programs, so i don't care if they sign or not, but the d.e.p requirements are strict about proper notification, and the only way to prove it was sent, is to have that signature. my last inspection, the lady reached into my files, pulled a folder out, saw the records of applications, but no notification forms. she was ready to hand me a $800 fine. good thing it was a female inspector, i was able to charm my way out of it
If that's the case in jersey, I would say you just answered you own question. What if the next inspector is a guy?

"Blue eyed boy meets a brown eyed girl.... oh oh oh the sweetest thing"
Old 03-16-2004, 02:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, that we DO have. Here in Michigan, we have the same thing, that requires a "service agreement". All of these include risk/benefit information, as well as application information (which is basically our program). On top of that, safety info MUST be printed on the invoices that are left with the customer, (or on the door) upon every ap. We also must now include, not only the commercial name of the product(s) (what we did before), but all active ingredients used in that ap, PLUS the amounts used, and the target pests that were pursued with these products. Of course, we still have to include the date, time, temp., wind direction and speed, as well. As far as any prior notification, we have a book that we recieve through the DOA that lists all residents who wish to list themselves as having allergies, illnesses, or any other medical condition which would justify prior warning. These notifications must be made not less than 24 hours prior to the application being made on any adjacent properties. Of course there is a great deal of info that is involved in this notification also, such as what is used, where, anticipated date and time it will be applied, among several other factors. This has to done over the phone, or delivered by hand (which is preferable). When you had mentioned that you sent them a "contract", I was thinking more along the lines of costs and penalties for breach of contract, if they didn't finish the season, or something.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.