Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-12-2005, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I get a couple a year 30yds is the only what is the price on them.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDScpr
Itsgottobegreen,

You keep referring to your friend that is a scab, who is it? Why do you think he is a scab?

Just curious, b/c Buckman told me you have done some things that would require an MHIC license - which I don't think you have (according to the DLLR Website) - so just be careful how you refer to your "friends". Not starting anything, but if it is who I think it is, you may be barking up the wrong tree!
  • Contractors must display their home improvement license number on all of their home improvement contracts, trucks, and advertisements.
Buckman is a very good friend of mine. He is my rental house when I need a bobcat or mini excavator. I rather give a friend $200 and $250 a day respectably for equipment. Every time I rent or borrow something it ends up coming back either fixed or cleaner than I got it. I throw him work all the time. He throws small jobs to me. We both cut a lot of grass in the same area. We have know each other for 5 years. He does damn good work. Along with TLS, Rouchard Lawnscapes, Big Rick's landscaping, etc.

I know quite a few scabs around here. Some friends, some enemies. Most just cut grass.

Another thing. The would have been more approbate to PM me. Not publicly embarrass me. Who do you think I am referring to. Because it sure sounds like you are starting something. Because why else would you have brought it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickman
So I would guess that you have your MHIC? I'll ride ya around & show ya at least 8 out of 10 don't. I am taking test next month to expand in hardscapes.
{not that I'm starting anything}
Yep. I know some companies with 4 to 8 trucks that don't have it. I am in the process of getting mine. You can't do everything at once.

48"/56" WALKER GHS 26hp EFI

Kubota B7500 Tractor with loader, blower, cab, box, aerator

F-350 Dump w/ plow and spreader

Brown BedEdger For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCreek
My favorite reason to own a walker, because it makes others jealous
Old 05-16-2005, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Member

All I am saying is don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. You call someone a scrub b/c they mow in the same area as you, yet you are performing work without a license - let alone advertising that you are licensed on your truck - which is against the law. (And you can't work under someone else's license as you told one person.)

I know who you are referring to and you are calling him a scab b/c you lost a lawn to him. A lawn that you lost on your own - they called him, not the other way around. What you don't know that he has 85 other accouts and 6 commercial contracts, yet you call him a scab. All's well, I was just warning you that he has been watching this board and had made a few comments to me about things that you have said. Not starting anything, just throwing some info your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsgottobegreen
Buckman is a very good friend of mine. He is my rental house when I need a bobcat or mini excavator. I rather give a friend $200 and $250 a day respectably for equipment. Every time I rent or borrow something it ends up coming back either fixed or cleaner than I got it. I throw him work all the time. He throws small jobs to me. We both cut a lot of grass in the same area. We have know each other for 5 years. He does damn good work. Along with TLS, Rouchard Lawnscapes, Big Rick's landscaping, etc.

I know quite a few scabs around here. Some friends, some enemies. Most just cut grass.

Another thing. The would have been more approbate to PM me. Not publicly embarrass me. Who do you think I am referring to. Because it sure sounds like you are starting something. Because why else would you have brought it up.

Yep. I know some companies with 4 to 8 trucks that don't have it. I am in the process of getting mine. You can't do everything at once.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

After re reading this post, I dident realize we were all 5 years old. Please keep the comments about people in Private messages, no reason to throw all this information out there, UNLESS you wanted to.

Once again, Annapolis Md, Lawn service.. MDA Lic test next week. MHIC, Thats another one im working on, Does anyone know if it is 1 or 2 years exp?? Also, most landscaping companies dont have their MHIC #, its sad, technically I dont believe you can even down sod with out one, its a contract that changes the house or area surrounding. Someone straighten me out if im wron
Tk 4 98 Explorer 4.0 liter 4x4
Tk 5 96 Ford F250 Xcab long bed
Tk 6 97 Ford F250 Single Cab, 4x4 With 7.5 ft Fisher
Tr 1 - 16 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 2 - 12 ft dump trailer
Tr 3 - 10 ft utility trailer
Tr 4 - 12 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 5 - 18 ft Skid loader trailer
1992 Case 1840 Skid loader

Jason Rohrbaugh
Crew Cut Enterprises LLC.

Annapolis, Maryland
Old 01-31-2007, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potomac Lawns Inc. View Post
charles county here
Potomac Lawns, still in business?

I'm based in St. Mary's.
Have any extra work? need work?
Old 02-01-2007, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Member

MJM LAndscaping. Inc.

Jason from Cockeysville.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewCutEnterprises View Post
After re reading this post, I dident realize we were all 5 years old. Please keep the comments about people in Private messages, no reason to throw all this information out there, UNLESS you wanted to.

Once again, Annapolis Md, Lawn service.. MDA Lic test next week. MHIC, Thats another one im working on, Does anyone know if it is 1 or 2 years exp?? Also, most landscaping companies dont have their MHIC #, its sad, technically I dont believe you can even down sod with out one, its a contract that changes the house or area surrounding. Someone straighten me out if im wron
You do not need your MHIC if doing commercial work, however if you are doing nearly ANYTHING on residential, you will need MHIC. It seems a bit crazy to me.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Snyder's Lawn & Landscaping... Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Pikesville

2001 F350 Crew Cab, 6x6, Lariat, 7.3 PSD Dually (power mods, lift, tires)

My F350 DRW Pics

2002 F450 7.3 PSD Landscape Dump
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
2009 Sure-Trac 22' HD Open Trailer
(3) 60" Exmark Lazer Z's
(1) 48" Exmark Hydro Walker
(1) 36" Scag Walker
(1) 16HP Lesco Leaf Vac
(1) 6.5HP EZ Trench Bed Edger
Echo: SRM-261's, PB-755's, SHC-212, SHC-265, HC-160, PPT-260, CS-346...
Old 02-02-2007, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Deereequipment
Still here can always use more work... How about u?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, me too, but in St. Mary's and southern Calvert. Maybe as far north as Hughesville.
Occasionally I get calls from LaPlata and Waldorf, but it is too far for me to go, and I don't know anyone in your area to refer them too.

Do you do much in St.Mary's?