Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2004, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Newbie bid question

Hey guys,
I got a quick question for you all. I have 3000SF of flower beds to get weed matted and mulched. I figured on 30yrds of western red cedar and I can get it for $30 a yard. I also need it matted down and will cost about 500-600 for that. It is all new construction and is pretty close to grade in the beds but still need some finishing work. I can rent a tractor with loader for 175/day. I am going to have my buddy help me for $10/hour. i have never done a project like this before and need to know how long you think it would take the 2 of us? what do you guys think you would charge for this? I was thinkin somewhere at $4500 but not sure, I need help on this one bigtime.
Thanks a lot.

Blake Enloe
04 "350" Scab Sbox 4x4 6.0leaker, Auto,Autometer Ultra Lights,Leveling Kit,FC-II Radial 305's on Chrome Wheels,4" Turbo Back Straight Pipe,Clear Cab Lights,12" Audiobahn Sub,Silverstars,Autometer Ultralights,SCT with DP TUNER TUNES!!!!!!!!!!!Western 8.6 Unimount w/Ultramount Truckside Brackets,Pro Wings make it 10.6'!!!!!!

1999 Ford F250 4x4 Reg Cab,Stroke,Auto,04 Headlights,Lariat wheels,4" Turbo back,Volant,Autometer Pyro,Boost,Trans on A-Pillar,F-16 Dp Tuner!!!!!!All for a work truck
Old 03-15-2004, 02:23 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Find cheaper mulch first off. Spray the weeds and sod, and then get a sod renovator to it all.

3k sf of spray is less than 100 - 150 bucks.
175 for bobcat.
With one guy spreading the mulch and you in the bobcat dropping it in. You could easily do it in a day.

$900 - Mulch
$150 - Spray
$175 - Cat
Your hourly rate
Your hourly rate / 2 (helper)

Got your cost right there.
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 03-17-2004, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I agree with Wingfield......find cheaper mulch, that stuff should only run you 20-22 bucks a yard @ most. I second the use of a skid loader with a renovator on it, much faster, more productive. Just make sure you know how to use it because it is VERY easy to make up saved time by repairing 2' deep ruts from the Bobcat.

Chris

Meadowbrook Landscaping
Dover, PA

'Beautifying the environment one landscape at a time'

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all"