Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2008, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Man after hearing what you are going through i started to say iam glad i stop landscaping i had about 97 jobs brought in close to 90,000 a year had a crew of 7-9 depending on the the amount of yards for that week and do you believe i was in business for 8yrs and no mater what i did i could not manage it properly i ended up losing more than what i was bring in salaries were to high gas bill to much alot of equipment break down tools being left on jobsites you name it happen to me but after reading all these post that wants to uplift and support you i am really rethinking starting all over and try to learn from my down falls but i would like to leave these words of encouragement with you it is always darkest just before dawn and the cloud cant always block the sun it has to shine keep your head up and you will prevail and it is not always bad when your wife is on your back they want the best for you to .
Old 03-13-2008, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey QUALITY LAWN CARE 4 U... GOD NEVER CLOSES A DOOR THAT HE DOESN'T OPEN A WINDOW! I WILL TELL YOU YOUR MARRIAGE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU BUSINESS. GET THINGS AT HOME RIGHT AND THE OTHER WILL WORK ITSELF OUT

THE KEMOSABE
Old 03-13-2008, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Member

I hope things work out for you. Question? Have you and the other LCO's in Waycross ever got together and had a "pow wow"? Since Waycross is not that big, I would guess that you guys could work together and make big things happen. Well, that is just my opinion. I know I am an outsider looking in. I can only pray and hope things work out for you. Keep the faith, and God Bless.
Jay
Old 03-13-2008, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe its a sign for you to change careers. The God & Goddess will make things go wrong if you step onto the wrong path. If you have been in business for 5 years and only had 24 yards then it might not be the business path your supposed to follow. You should have have landed 10-15 new accounts per year but with the down side you have experienced it might just be a way of saying go in another direction because if you fight and fight and things never get better then its because your on the wrong path.... All things happen for a reason and when one door closes trust me another when will open up, just look inside yourself and follow your gut instincts....
Old 03-13-2008, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenN'Clean View Post
Maybe its a sign for you to change careers. The God & Goddess will make things go wrong if you step onto the wrong path. If you have been in business for 5 years and only had 24 yards then it might not be the business path your supposed to follow. You should have have landed 10-15 new accounts per year but with the down side you have experienced it might just be a way of saying go in another direction because if you fight and fight and things never get better then its because your on the wrong path.... All things happen for a reason and when one door closes trust me another when will open up, just look inside yourself and follow your gut instincts....
GreenNclean, I have thought that many times but keep fighting back. I wished I still had 24 accounts! Mine have been dropping like flies in the past 6 months. Its funny that every other LCO I talk to has more than they can handle and will give me any new calls they get but never hear a word. They are all full of crap and probably have no more than me. I am getting real close (one month or less) away from ruining my good credit and filing bankruptcy. The only thing that saved me this past year was my late dad left me a little money (just transfered the last doller) that I payed my bills with but its now gone. Has not helped any that in the past month that every applliance,roof leak,car repair, that can tear up torn up. I am scheduled to have a stress test done and this may determine the final outcome.
echo hedge clippers
echo long pole hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Polaris Sportsman 500 AWD ATV
last but not least, TWINS!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Member

I now times are rough butt hang in there, you dont want to file bankruptcy been there done that, it really hurts ya, do what you can keep your head up and keep looking ahead ,
Old 03-25-2008, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

a lot of new homes in Blackshear from what I have seen passing through, but hey most often it is location.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I live in Ga.(around Atlanta) and feel your pain. I've been in the business for 28 yrs. and was doing lawns before it was even a profession. I see 10 new lawn services a week. They're always going out of business because they don't know what things are worth and don't know what the h@@ they're doing. The problem is that if they underbid you, that year is gone. People say, "wait until next year when the customer gets rid of them." At that point, there will be 10 more to replace him to give an even lower bid and you've lost out again for another year. I think the competition is greater here around Atlanta. I see all over this forum about charging this and charging that and I'm here to tell you that they aren't going to pay that here. They don't have to because there's always some JOE-Blow to do it cheaper. The advice here is good about staying in it but if it's not your passion, it's not worth it!
Old 04-12-2008, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrick View Post
Man after hearing what you are going through i started to say iam glad i stop landscaping i had about 97 jobs brought in close to 90,000 a year had a crew of 7-9 depending on the the amount of yards for that week and do you believe i was in business for 8yrs and no mater what i did i could not manage it properly i ended up losing more than what i was bring in salaries were to high gas bill to much alot of equipment break down tools being left on jobsites you name it happen to me but after reading all these post that wants to uplift and support you i am really rethinking starting all over and try to learn from my down falls but i would like to leave these words of encouragement with you it is always darkest just before dawn and the cloud cant always block the sun it has to shine keep your head up and you will prevail and it is not always bad when your wife is on your back they want the best for you to .
you are not making money because you have too many people working.....
$90k/year gross is EASILY handled by one guy and a helper........
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 04-12-2008, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
I live in Ga.(around Atlanta) and feel your pain. I've been in the business for 28 yrs. and was doing lawns before it was even a profession. I see 10 new lawn services a week. They're always going out of business because they don't know what things are worth and don't know what the h@@ they're doing. The problem is that if they underbid you, that year is gone. People say, "wait until next year when the customer gets rid of them." At that point, there will be 10 more to replace him to give an even lower bid and you've lost out again for another year. I think the competition is greater here around Atlanta. I see all over this forum about charging this and charging that and I'm here to tell you that they aren't going to pay that here. They don't have to because there's always some JOE-Blow to do it cheaper. The advice here is good about staying in it but if it's not your passion, it's not worth it!
i used to think the same way.....
but have found that there are customers out their that will pay more for better service. We have built a $1M/year plus business on those kinds of clients.
bobcat T200
way too much other crap