Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2004, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hardworking-poorman
Im thinking about expecting to St. Simans and Brunswick (about 60 miles away) lots of retired upper scale folks. its a a island resort.
Thats your perfect demographic.

Waycross/Ware demographics dont fit an LCO's profile I suspect the problem in Ware/Waycross is a low per capita income.

If that guy is getting $50 for postage stamp lots you could make a good living at $45.00.

Remember high end retired are gonna want pro outfits. If you dont look pro get that way. I just wear khaki shorts red T's and a ball cap with my company name, my employee wears the same thing.

Go get em man.

Get out NOW
Old 05-09-2004, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hi HP i run and own a tree care buisiness..and like you i have high and low days ..but like youve said you need to keep on going ..work overhere in the uk is slow at the moment and everyone bar me is under bidding on jobs.. working for yourself is a struggle but its a lot better than being stuck in some dead end office job
Old 05-24-2004, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Today myself and my nephew went and did door hanger's with my business card stapled to them, we stayed around or with with in 15 miles of my house in Apopka Florida.

I drove the truck and he would jump out of the truck and recon the house, yea he just finished, Marine R.O.T.C. at school he did very well at it made it to the rank of full col.

We put out 20 door hangers today, we will see when we get calls from them, I use to cold call a lot when i would sell copier's door to door during the day, So tomorrow iam taking him cold calling in a business park, this is the area that i do well at.

kEEP UP THE PACE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, AND DO NOT STOP, WE NEED RAIN DOWN HERE IN APOPKA...............................:alien:
Old 05-24-2004, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey thanks for replys. I have picked up 3 new accounts in past week so Im slooowwlyy coming back.LOL Scag Power we are in the worst drought here since the early 1990s. My 2 acre yard is completely dead except for the bahha grass that could survice a nuclear blast. I live in the country and only have shallow well and their is a 3 month waiting period for a deep well. Dont you envy those folks up north who are complaining about all the rain!

Danny
Quality Lawn Care
echo hedge clippers
echo long pole hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Polaris Sportsman 500 AWD ATV
last but not least, TWINS!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Danny,

What are the accounts like where did you pick em up? Did you get your price for em

Get out NOW
Old 05-28-2004, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Mike, I picked up to good residentual and one commercial. One res. is a $51 1.1 hour yard, one is a $35 25 minute yard and one apt. duplex is 2 hour $90. Im not getting the dollar a minute that most of the folks here get but where I live that is a fantasy.BTW I picked up a medium res. yard also that I overpriced on and I get $70 and it takes less than an houe to do. Offered to give lady discount but she said she was happy with $70. Jst moved here from Texax and I guess things were more expensive there. Dont you live these kind of customers! Oh yeah she likes to follow me arond yard in short nghtgown and talk a lot. LOL

Danny
echo hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Old 05-28-2004, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good for you man don't worry about the $60 an hour you can make a good living at $45 an hour keep up the good work.

Get out NOW
Old 06-02-2004, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

clean ups

You may want to do clean up's. I did one the other day and got a very fair price for it . Then the home owner wanted to once a month so i gave him a good price for it and he said ok.

I have thought about calling on churches, but from the old copier days I, remember that most churches may have some in there membership list that does this, pluse i don't want to get into debate as to where i go.

Any thoughts on this , help is always welcome.:alien:
Old 06-02-2004, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto on the clean up's man I did one at the end of last week, It netted me $460 and my wife did $ 800 worth of planting and bed maint. Never give up.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I did not get one call this year for a cleanup (first time ever) nor could I solicit any either. Thats why I have a cyclone rake for sale now because the work I expected did not happen, Scag Power, the only church that I have is mine. Every church in my area has thier own members doing them or at least a dozen lco in thier comgergation. I would like to have some myself because they do pay good and usually dont complain. Thanks again for replys, Im still hanging in there!

Danny
echo hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado