Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-19-2004, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

GLS

How about a close up of that cool wheelbarrow ramp. Looks light and strong. Great for edging in the spring.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a shot of my Truck craft insert. $2040 out the door, including installation, headboard and tax.
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2004, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought a Truckcraft insert for my 2500 Ram. They make 2 models, steel and aluminum. Steel=750 lbs., the alum=400lbs.
I bought the steel model as the dealer said the aluminum model would dent easier and was more prone to twist. The drawback is the extra weight.
The steel model costs $2500. installed.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just sold my ez dumper....i loved it while i had it...i had it in a half ton tho.....still have the truck.....personally if you looking for a dump i would just invest in a mason dump or grain dump...materials in an ezdumper are limited...i usta be able to take 4 yards of mulch, 2 stone or topsoil...i also had Air ride springs in mine which i dont reccomend....Those air bags leak all the time...But i sold my Ez dumper and used teh money to buy and International with a Grain Dump Body....21,000gvw now i can pretty much take anything....all in one trip to

Chuck

Custom Masonry and Landscape Construction
Old 03-20-2004, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We just put 6 yards of mulch in our E-Z dumper today... We had sides on it and they work great. We definitely could have put another yard or two in it without problems. I would reccommend at LEAST a 3/4 ton truck for one of these.

Todd
Old 03-21-2004, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

troblandscape -- they actually came with the truck when I bought it (used), not sure how much they cost but probably arn't that difficult to install.

ksland -- I like where you put the aux. lights on the back of your truck. Good idea.

Here's a closeup shot of the ramp. There is just an angle cut at the other end.
Attached Images

Lawn & Landscape Maintenance -- Landscape Installation -- Snow Management

Work / Equipment Thread
Old 03-21-2004, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Member

ADLAWNCUTTERS,

You said something along the lines about getting sick of a dump trailer, it becomes a pain in the butt. If you wouldn't mind could you explain a little more?

I'm interested because we purchase one last year and absolutely love it. The dump body is 14' X 8'. We placed wooden sides on it and added a tarp roller. It has a 12k# GVWR. We can get 10 cubic yards of mulch in the thing no problem. We even use it to haul mini-TLB around because of the ramps that are stored under it. We are able to keep all of the equipment in the bed of the truck while still hauling the material in the dump trailer. Granted, first year in biz was last year, so we obviously only had it for a year. Just curious how it got to be a pain and why you got sick of it? I realize it has its limitations, but it has worked out great for all sorts of jobs. As a matter of fact, just bought a leaf-loader and getting a canvas top put on the dump trailer. The thing is gonna be able to hold 20 cubic yards of debris.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

GLS thanks, never thought of adding 2 by's to the sides for strength, great idea.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Ken....where did you get those hubcaps for the Ford? I need to get some for mine...place down the street is smoking crack! way to much$$
Old 03-21-2004, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Benny's! The place right down the street from me has em. $10 a piece. I can pick up 4 for you some time I am headed down there if you like?