Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2004, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Experenced Qxpress Users

What have you found to be the best way to use
Qxpress with applications and maintenance. I'm not sure how to set it up with multiple crews doing maintenance and applications. The application routs do not necessarily go in the same order as the maintenance. So the sort codes may need to be different for the same customer. I've only used this for snow removal and used the "group charge list". Now for the summer Qxpress recommends using the zone based scheduling for aps and recurring scheduling for mowing. Does any one have any tips they can share. It seems there are many different way to use this program.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Try looking at the movies they have on there web site, they are very good.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey,

I know this thread is from a while ago, but I just bought the software and was wondering if you ever figured out the answer?
Old 02-10-2008, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Zone based is the way to go for applications. If you have a more than a few hundred customers and employees it makes it easy to pull customers from pre set zones that you create or zip codes and assign them to a tech for the day. I like to set up "recurring" services like mowing or snow plowing that are usually done in the same order by the same crew. Qxpress has been a great tool.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

For several years, we to have used zone number that we created. Particularly during apps. This way, seldom do we 'overlook' a customer and it saves time and cuts driving time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreadNSpray View Post
Zone based is the way to go for applications. If you have a more than a few hundred customers and employees it makes it easy to pull customers from pre set zones that you create or zip codes and assign them to a tech for the day. I like to set up "recurring" services like mowing or snow plowing that are usually done in the same order by the same crew. Qxpress has been a great tool.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

For several years, we to have used zone number that we created. Particularly during apps. This way, seldom do we 'overlook' a customer and it saves time and cuts driving time. We use excel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreadNSpray View Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Member

QXpress w/pda

Anyone using a pda w/ qxpress? We are thinking of getting qxpress and don't know if the pda would be good too. We just do fert aps, weed control, core aeration, grub control and tree and shrub care. Any other advice about the software would be welcomes as well.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Yea we use QXpress mobile with our system, it syncs up with the program very well. You launch the mobil server from with in the program to sync up wile QBooks and QXpress are both up and running. Any information you input in the field is updated to QXpress. I like the ability to track time, mileage as well as units used on an account when doing fert apps or ice melt apps. A lot of what we learned is from trial and error as well as watching the movies on line. This software does a lot and has really cut down the office time for scheduling and routing.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

We use a hp Ipac2795 with windows mobile version 5.0 this is one sweet little gem. The only thing it wont if infared down loads which would be nice for down loading our time keeping data from "Job Clock".