Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-06-2015, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Southern Macomb County Yard Waste Dumps

Hello everybody, I am curious where LCO dump yard waste in the St. Clair Shores and Grosse Pointe areas. Any tips would be appreciated!!
Old 05-24-2015, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd20318 View Post
Hello everybody, I am curious where LCO dump yard waste in the St. Clair Shores and Grosse Pointe areas. Any tips would be appreciated!!
How often do you dump? Maybe we can go in together and rent a dumpster. My business is growing and I can no longer dispose of the yard debris at my current location.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Uni dig on 14 and gratiot. If you are looking fora dumpster call W&D Landscaping. Talk to Walt.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-26-2015, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks both of you guys for the suggestions. I wouldnt need a dumpster full time as i only need to haul debris away during spring and fall cleanups. My business is still small as i only do maintenance part time. Thanks again for the responses!!
Old 05-26-2015, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

To bad you are not in Toledo...we can dump for free, has to be clean.

Well not free....$100.00 a year.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd20318 View Post
Thanks both of you guys for the suggestions. I wouldnt need a dumpster full time as i only need to haul debris away during spring and fall cleanups. My business is still small as i only do maintenance part time. Thanks again for the responses!!
no problem. to get there just take Gratiot north and there is a little street at the end of the plaza with the Target in it with a gas station on the corner. turn down there and Uni Dig is on the right. can't miss it. their customer service isn't super awesome, but its pretty much the only place around here anymore. Ive heard some nasty rumors that you have to know someone to dump there (I've never had the issue) but if you have an issue tell them Walt from W&D sent you and you used to work for him. they will let you in. Failing that there is a place at about McNichols and Mt Elliot. take 8 to mount elliot, and mount elliot south to McNichols and make a left. Federal Pipe if on the left corner (big yellow building) and there are RR tracks that cross over the street. the place is on the left right before a set of RR tracks. I've only been there once but what I heard and got out of it is that its one of those "dump anything" places. its a little shady down there but not too bad, and federal pipe is a good place to check out.
hope that helps.
Oh and if you have a small amount thats pretty much just leaves let me know you can put it in my garden for free. I'm at 12.5 between utica and grosbeck

Joe