Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-06-2005, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Catagory 3b Test Help

Hello Indiana Applicators!

I was wondering what the emphasis was on the cat 3b applicator test. Is it weed ID, math problems, abbreviations, etc? Can anyone offer me any hints for last minute cramming? (I am taking the test tomorrow )

Any help will be appreciated,
thanks,
yogi
Old 03-06-2005, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

calls and new customers

Has any body gotten any new customers yet, I have gotten one call so far, but it seems like people want be thinking about it for at least another week or two.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnyogi
Hello Indiana Applicators!

I was wondering what the emphasis was on the cat 3b applicator test. Is it weed ID, math problems, abbreviations, etc? Can anyone offer me any hints for last minute cramming? (I am taking the test tomorrow )

Any help will be appreciated,
thanks,
yogi
All of the above.. if its not too late read through the whole book again and keep all outside distractions away! Good luck man...its not too bad! Let us know how you do!
Old 03-07-2005, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by touhey33
Has any body gotten any new customers yet, I have gotten one call so far, but it seems like people want be thinking about it for at least another week or two.
I have picked up a half dozen new accounts or so, for fert/squirt so far. I have landed a few landscape installs as well. All word of mouth for me, no advertisinng this year. This will be my first year without mowing or any maitenace. Good luck to you....
Old 03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Fertilizer Supply Company

Hey Y'all

I passed my Core and 3b exams and am licensed... now... where is your favorite place for getting fertilizer and chemicals? If anyone knows places on the south side of town it would be best...

Thanks!

yogi
Old 03-18-2005, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

congratst

congradulations, I am getting my liscense in the Fall and early spring so I am ready for next season.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratulations, Clifton!

I passed the core (missed 7 questions), and the ornamentals category (missed 1) last month. Now I just need to get the registration sent in so I can get the license.

As for places on the south side, Lesco is at Harding and 465, and Cisco is somewhere on the south side, but I don't remember where. You can also order things from UHS, don't know if you saw them at the PLANTS show or not.

Dan
Old 03-21-2005, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cisco is moved to the old Eastgate shopping center. ProSource One also delivers and John Deere Landscapes on the south side may be priced better than Lesco. Good Luck
"But at home one is bound with petty regulations and irksome restraints.....He feels lost even in great crowds, for nothing and no one seem in sympathy. The people he knows may be good fellows, but they do not understand him, and he does not understand them. he longs to get back to the bush, for there he felt an exaltation that no civilized land can possibly supply." -Denis D. Lyell
Old 03-22-2005, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Russ- who do you use? I am currently using the southside Lesco...
Old 03-23-2005, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like everybody. Advanced Turf Solutions in Fishers can beat anybodies price, but they are geared for the big boys. Pro Source One is very close to ATS pricing with next day service in most cases and both these guys know there beans. JD Landscapes has 3 locations in Indpls and there 1st bag price is usually below what Lesco has to call in to get ya down to the "medium", price level and there control products are less than Lesco but, ya better know what ya want and how to use it. Lesco has 3 great locations, they are very convenient and the guys there have a broad range of experience. I like the guys at Lesco but when price is important it never hurts to shop.
"But at home one is bound with petty regulations and irksome restraints.....He feels lost even in great crowds, for nothing and no one seem in sympathy. The people he knows may be good fellows, but they do not understand him, and he does not understand them. he longs to get back to the bush, for there he felt an exaltation that no civilized land can possibly supply." -Denis D. Lyell