Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-23-2005, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I forgot Cisco. IMHO they have the best seed in central Indiana, a good selection of fert. and control products as well as just about everything you need in the way of landscape supplies. Since they are only a mile away from me I am there a lot.
"But at home one is bound with petty regulations and irksome restraints.....He feels lost even in great crowds, for nothing and no one seem in sympathy. The people he knows may be good fellows, but they do not understand him, and he does not understand them. he longs to get back to the bush, for there he felt an exaltation that no civilized land can possibly supply." -Denis D. Lyell
Old 03-23-2005, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks...

I ended up going over to the southside Lesco. I called over to JD Landscapes (there are very close to my house) but the guy who answered the phone could not answer any questions fully. I am sure I will give them a try later, but I was in a hurry. Also, the guys at Lesco were ready to go and very helpful... the set up over the computer was easy... I like the inventory online where you can see exactly what they have and do not have.

Thanks for the info!
Old 03-23-2005, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Tree Spade!

I just wanted to drop a line and let you guys know that I have a guy that is starting his own tree spade/digger business this year. He is willing to travel around the midwest doing his thing so maybe if you guys know anybody. This is his first year for his business, but not his first year digging. He used to work for some nursery in IL and decided to do his own thing. Anyway if you are interested or know somebody who might be his company name is "KG Horticultural Service LLC" Phone is (262)736-1126 and the mans name is Mike Kazy-Garey.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Evansville IN/Henderson KY anyone?

Just wondering if there are any LCO's from Evansville IN/Henderson KY in here?
Old 04-21-2005, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

From Columbus, IN
echo trimmer
echo blower
yard machine edger
Old 05-01-2005, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm just another 1 in a billion lco's on the north side of Indianapolis.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone here have their 7a? If so, what kind of profits are you seeing with perimeter preventative treatments?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Center Grove/Greenwood area service needed

I apologize for dropping this request in this forum. I have been lurking on the site for a while (originally looking for advice on mowers for private use), just never posted before.

Anyone servicing the Center Grove area in Greenwood? If you are interested in a new customer send me a private message.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am bringing this thread back from the dead. I am starting my own new business and nobody on here seems to be from my area which is about 1/2 way between Evansville and Terre Haute. There are maybe 4-5 other LCO's in town here but only 2 in the yellow pages which is where I might advertise. I am busy getting business cards, logos(how do you make them)a good business name and computer spreadsheets. I have some new equipment but a new mower is coming soon as I figure out what brand. I am interested in getting my Pesticide license but $250 seems high for 2 days of classes at Purdue just to be able to spray Roundup or 2,4-D. Hope the rest of you are doing good!
Old 10-22-2005, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

atv racer

welcome to the business, my parents live down in your area. their in plainville, Im in brownsburg, been in the business 24yrs but fairly new to lawnsite. you can learn alot from the people on this site! I have the best success with flyers and doorhangers getting new costomers, then after you get going referals are the best. I did'nt advertised much for the last few years because I had about all I could handle with just under 500 accounts, but now my son is working with me and we are going for 1000 next year! so good luck next spring see you around lawnste