Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-02-2006, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

i missed that mark, Did you guys get a fert licences yesterday? How can i get linked up on those events. What side of town do you market?

I am not from Jamaica!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

sorry for miss spelling your name MacDaddy. Also, i was asking about your pest control class.

Please tell them that there's more than corn in Indiana.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Here in Goshen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
Anyone From Goshen/elkhart Area?
Im here in goshen. North west side, Jefferson Tws. off C.R. 18 how about yourself?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Core class

Pesticide licenses are fairly confusing in indiana, Just so happens I learned all about it yesterday. You must pass your CORE class to be a registered tech. If you want certification you have to pass another class. Us mowing guys usually do 3b aka turf class. The next one is the 23rd of feb. IM me later and I will send you the hotlink for the state chemist, who handles all this. You have to pass two classes, one of which is the core class, then either have a certain amount of expereince or go to a workshop for 2 days wihch is on March 21-22. With two classes and the workshop you can be certifited. That is great but then you need to get your license. That is good for one year and is $30.00 or something like that. The diffeerence in certification and license is the cert is yours and the license is the company's. It is really just to make sure someone has insurance. Certification is good for 5 years and can be maintained with Continueing edcuation at 18 every 5 years. Licensing is one year. It still sounds kinda confusing.
I live down in Greenwood but plan to market in Greenwood, Speedway and Mooresville this year. That is a long story but I have to go out of town weekly because of friends who need lawns mowed and will try to make some cash while I am there.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone here going to be at the 3a (ornamentals) class at Purdue on the 21st?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Mak2,
Thanks for that education. I didn't think I could get Cert. or Lins. with out any experiance. The dates you gave, are they the only dates this year or will they be offered through out the year?
Second, have you or are you lins. to treat the trees to protect them from the Emraled Ash? I have been thinking of getting that cert. and market it up here. What do you think?
bt
Old 02-02-2006, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know the instructor was talking aobut adding a workshop besides the one March 21-22, but he did not know when. There is a whole list of dates of different classes. No I am not certified to treat trees yet, and I am not sure when the class is but after I send this email I will try to post the hot link to the state chemist. Probably be a very profitable idea. There are so many catagory certifications. from termites to ornamentals well the list goes on and on. I will try to post that hot link in a sec
Old 02-02-2006, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.isco.purdue.edu/pesticide/index_pest1.html

Ha it worked, after all this year I am beginning to figure these computer things out.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Eric, let me know how that 3a class is. I will probably take it after turf. Have you done the turf class yet? The instructor yesterday said it was more difficult than the core class.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks MacDaddy. I'm going to chenk that link out too. Been surfin all evening...and now it's night.Trying to practice the saying, "Early to bed ealry to rise..." haven't got it down quite just yet. yea I'd like to have a pest control licence of some sort. anyway i'll check that link.

....can you pass the corn please. Thanx Maa.