Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-02-2006, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

as ypu could tell....i'm done.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the information, I might be able to get to apply fert. after all. That could help the profits.
bt
Old 02-02-2006, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak2
Hey Eric, let me know how that 3a class is. I will probably take it after turf. Have you done the turf class yet? The instructor yesterday said it was more difficult than the core class.
Yeah, I took the turf class last year, as well as the core class and the 2-day workshop. I didn't think the turf was a whole lot more difficult than the core class, I thought they were about the same. Read the book ahead of the class, pay attention and take notes, and you'll do fine.

I'll report back on the 3a class. It's my goal to take one different class each year. I think next year I'll take right-of-way or aquatic. Aquatic might give me an excuse to take a couple long weekends at my folks' lake house
Old 02-02-2006, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Mak2,

Who was the instructor you talked to? Did you meet Fred Whitford? The guy's a scream. Extremely knowledgeable but an absolute nut. He and Zac Reicher are fun together.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it was Fred and he is indeed a hoot. It was a very professional class and presentation. I teach for IU part time, I hate to admit those Purdue guys did a good job but they were great. And I will read before class this time. Lots of material to remember. I dont think the other guys name was Zac come to think of it.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It was probably Drew Martin. He's good too, just not especially funny.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My son was in that core class. I believe the other instructors were Bob Andrews and Carl Rew (sp). I was doing CCH's in the next room. Most of my work is in Z-ville & Brownsburg. Welcome E-Z, there is a lot of good information in here.
"But at home one is bound with petty regulations and irksome restraints.....He feels lost even in great crowds, for nothing and no one seem in sympathy. The people he knows may be good fellows, but they do not understand him, and he does not understand them. he longs to get back to the bush, for there he felt an exaltation that no civilized land can possibly supply." -Denis D. Lyell
Old 02-03-2006, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody have a used WB for sale? I need a 36 inch or so cut, not anything over 48. I keep looking on ebay and never see any around here for sale. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2006, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Member

1000 Welcomes to you too Russ. I'm trying to stir up my last yeat contacts and clients to get any job i can get....like mulch tree trim leaf clean up...just ready to ho to it. Anybody busy or getting busy now?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone cut down big Grandaddy tree? Like to establish a sub-contractor when need be. PM or email me at e-zgreen@hotmail.com. BTW, i cut the small to medium size trees and trim. Just dont stump or mess with the big boys.Ifyou do please post.

Soon there will be corn a-a-a-a-all over Indiana. oops!