Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #171  
Old 11-30-2007, 08:36 AM
JayD's Avatar
JayD JayD is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 2,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowtivations lawncare View Post
Thanks Jay pre'shate it. I've been passing out flyers for leaf removal service and have gotten a few proposals for snow removal out there but have NO clients yet lol i'm not giving up though. i'm in this for the long haul. But damn, it does get frustrating. hopefully things'll start looking up b4 too long.
YES, Hang in there, it just takes time to build up. I'm still doing it myself. I have not tried the flyer's yet myself but was thinking of doing it for next year.
How did yours turn out?
Jay
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 12-01-2007, 10:07 PM
mowtivations lawncare's Avatar
mowtivations lawncare mowtivations lawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
YES, Hang in there, it just takes time to build up. I'm still doing it myself. I have not tried the flyer's yet myself but was thinking of doing it for next year.
How did yours turn out?
Jay
Oh my God!!! The first 200 flyers i passed out, i received 2 calls both of which didnt go with my service. the LAST 200 i passed out, my phone rings all day! i'm swamped...well, not really swamped because i only have about 7 for sure clients and about 5 i havent got a chance to estimate yet but since i'm going at it alone its alot of work. i went and bought an enclosed trailer for the lawn care part of the business but i wish i had got a landscaping trailer because the one i have is a 6x10 and with large yards it gets real full and i have to devise a better way to get the leaves off the trailer once they're in it. but i'm not complaining at all. I prayed for clients and i got em
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 12-11-2007, 11:37 PM
randj4life randj4life is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: IN
Posts: 8
Looking for work in Indianapolis Area

I am looking for full time employment in the Indy area. I have a few years experience in lawn care i.e. fertilization/weed control (mostly using permagreens and z-sprays), aeration, some renovation, estimating/selling as well as a turf degree. If anyone is interested let me know. Thank You
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 12-12-2007, 06:19 PM
JayD's Avatar
JayD JayD is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 2,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by randj4life View Post
I am looking for full time employment in the Indy area. I have a few years experience in lawn care i.e. fertilization/weed control (mostly using permagreens and z-sprays), aeration, some renovation, estimating/selling as well as a turf degree. If anyone is interested let me know. Thank You
Have you been here for a while or are you new here in Indy?
Jay
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
randj4life randj4life is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: IN
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Have you been here for a while or are you new here in Indy?
Jay
Been in northern part of Indiana for a couple years (girlfriend from up here). Originally from central IN want to come back to area when shes finished with school.

GO HORSE!
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:52 PM
JayD's Avatar
JayD JayD is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 2,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by randj4life View Post
Been in northern part of Indiana for a couple years (girlfriend from up here). Originally from central IN want to come back to area when shes finished with school.

GO HORSE!
I was going to tell you, you might try out LawnPride on the south side. They are getting big and also has snow removal service so you could stay working all year.
Let me know if you would like more info.
Jay
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 12-19-2007, 09:59 PM
randj4life randj4life is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: IN
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I was going to tell you, you might try out LawnPride on the south side. They are getting big and also has snow removal service so you could stay working all year.
Let me know if you would like more info.
Jay
Whatever info you have would definately help. Do you know someone there?
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 12-20-2007, 05:51 PM
mc24034's Avatar
mc24034 mc24034 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 153
Im looking to hire 1 more person for next year. What hourly/salary are you looking for?
__________________
Greener Image, LLC

Currently

2011 Ford F150 4x4
Wells Cargo 6x10 Enclosed Trailer
SureTrac 7x16
2009 Exmark Lazer HP 56"
2008 Great Dane Super Surfer II 52" 23HP
2009 Quickie 32 Samuari
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 12-29-2007, 10:02 PM
livingreen1 livingreen1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brownsburg,Indiana
Posts: 100
randj I might be interested in meeting with you if still looking for employment. Are you 3b licensed? We are looking to add another spray tech this coming year. Let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 12-31-2007, 01:08 PM
CurbAppealInc CurbAppealInc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2
Curb Appeal Indy checking in here

Hey guys.
Just found this site, looks like a great source of knowledge.

Look forward to meeting everyone here.


Check out our site , curbappealindy.com

GO COLTS


John Wilkinson
Dir. of Operations
Curb Appeal Indy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Page generated in 0.08306 seconds with 8 queries