Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-16-2004, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Viburnum Opulus Roseum

I have a client wanting a few of these and I don't see them listed in Brehobs catalog. Does anyone know where I can get them?
Old 06-16-2004, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Try Hobbs, they may be able to get them if they don't carry them.

John Deere Landscapes is probably the same way. Number is 1-800-347-4272. Located around Fishers.

Have no idea on what the price would/will be....

Dan
Old 06-17-2004, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am from Lafayette. This year is the first year I have made a big attempt really get a lot of customers.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll revive the thread a little bit and ask if anyone is attending the INLA summer meeting today and tomorrow?

I doubt I'll be able to check the boards by morning, but I'll be there for the tour tomorrow morning. If anyone is there, I'll be in a khaki button down shirt with "ShrubWorks" embroidered on the front....

Hope to see some of you there!

Dan
Old 10-09-2004, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dry September/October

I know you guys are well aware of this, but I thought I would post it anyway. I think with the frost two weeks early it may be very important this year.

http://www.agry.purdue.edu/turf/tips/2004/drout108.htm
"But at home one is bound with petty regulations and irksome restraints.....He feels lost even in great crowds, for nothing and no one seem in sympathy. The people he knows may be good fellows, but they do not understand him, and he does not understand them. he longs to get back to the bush, for there he felt an exaltation that no civilized land can possibly supply." -Denis D. Lyell
Old 10-13-2004, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys I got my 3a the other day with some good old "off-site" testing! Tommorrow and Thursday I am going to Purdue to finish up my 3b(exam already passed) workshop experience. I think I will snatch the category 5 next month as well. I am pretty much ready for next year now with all chemicals and no more mowing! Anyone else going to Purdue this week for the same thing?
Old 10-15-2004, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not this week, but I will be there Nov. 15-18 for the Turf & Ornamental Seminar. May I suggest you look at a 7 and a 6 before that 5. The 7 will let ya do Barrier Sprays and they are a great add on service to your current customers with no additional equipment cost. The 6 is a real money maker in slow summer months and an easy sell to construction yards and trucking companies. Now having said that, I guess a 5 is necessary cause I haven't seen a new sub-division without a retention pond.
"But at home one is bound with petty regulations and irksome restraints.....He feels lost even in great crowds, for nothing and no one seem in sympathy. The people he knows may be good fellows, but they do not understand him, and he does not understand them. he longs to get back to the bush, for there he felt an exaltation that no civilized land can possibly supply." -Denis D. Lyell
Old 10-15-2004, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I missed this role call for a while.
There are no stupid questions... they're just the easiest to answer.

Old 10-18-2004, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am going to do the 7a for the barriers because I agree that it is easy money to throw down some insecticide barriers in the summer. It will be extra income between rounds. :blob3:
Old 10-24-2004, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Any smaller LCOs interested in a referral program for nex year? I will refer interested mowing customers to you if you do the same with fert/spray customers. I will be working all around Indianapolis. PM if you are interested...