Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

meg-mo, stop blowing your own horn, your blades are way overpriced anyway !
Old 03-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by CNYScapes
meg-mo, stop blowing your own horn, your blades are way overpriced anyway !

CNYScapes ,

This is a warning to you. One more flame/reply like this and you will be suspended. (unless Sean over-rides my actions)

meg-mo can blow their horn all they want. They support LawnSite.com and this community not only via sponsorship but interact and help members.... and, your opinion on their value is meaningless unless you have bought and used this equipment.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Not that I don't love this site, But it's alot like our government has become-- someone always watching and observing what we can and cannot do or say. It seems it doesnt matter what small fries believe in, because there is always someone higher up with more $$ to protect. Really, the only thing this man said is that he thinks meg-mo blades are over priced--he is entitled to his beliefs.

sorry, I had to say what was on my mind
01 exmark lazer z60 25
01 exmark lazer z60 26efi
01 exmark turf tracer 48 hydro
shindiawa t230 trimmers
shidiawa and stihl back pack blowers
stihl hedge trimmers and pole saw
husq chainsaws
15' h&h tandem trailer
exmark ultravac qds vacuum
Old 03-20-2004, 12:41 PM

Meg-Mo is a sponsor....but that aside....

There is a saying I have always used and love....

If you do not advertise what you have, it is like blinking in a dark closet....no one knows you are doing it except you.

With that being said, I'd have to agree with Chuck on this one CNY....if you have purchased a set of blades from Meg-Mo, and were not impressed and felt they were overpriced, then certainly it is your option to EXPLAIN why you feel this way. But just throwing a comment out there like that is unneccesary, and I think against the rules......
Old 03-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by lawndude2004
Not that I don't love this site, But it's alot like our government has become-- someone always watching and observing what we can and cannot do or say. It seems it doesnt matter what small fries believe in, because there is always someone higher up with more $$ to protect. Really, the only thing this man said is that he thinks meg-mo blades are over priced--he is entitled to his beliefs.

noted, thanks for the input.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lawndude2004

I dont think it is what he said, but more in the way that he said it....
Old 03-20-2004, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, I guess I could have said it in a nicer way. But, it is still my opinion that they are overpriced for a set of blades. You dont have to own a set to say they cost too much.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by CNYScapes
Sorry, I guess I could have said it in a nicer way. But, it is still my opinion that they are overpriced for a set of blades. You dont have to own a set to say they cost too much.
TRY THEM!! I think he still has a money back guarantee.
John
Old 03-20-2004, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean Adams
Meg-Mo is a sponsor
Sorry Sean,
If you allow sponsors to start the "testimonial" thing, I believe it's a step in the wrong direction. Next, they'll be up loading "8x10 glossies with a description of each on the back", plus anything else at Alice’s Restaurant”.
Sponsors should keep their “Sponsoring” to their websites, and not start loading our bandwidth with Testimonials”. What’s next? Do we allow “Ron Popel” and his paid audience to marvel at how well his “Ginsu knives” cut a tomato????
DP
Old 03-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc Pete
Sorry Sean,
If you allow sponsors to start the "testimonial" thing, I believe it's a step in the wrong direction. Next, they'll be up loading "8x10 glossies with a description of each on the back", plus anything else at Alice’s Restaurant”.
Sponsors should keep their “Sponsoring” to their websites, and not start loading our bandwidth with Testimonials”. What’s next? Do we allow “Ron Popel” and his paid audience to marvel at how well his “Ginsu knives” cut a tomato????
DP
"not start loading our bandwidth with Testimonials".

We can't/won't even start to put a bandwidth load on our network.... I think between the two servers we have over a terabyte of bandwidth. (1,400 GB)

"If you allow sponsors to start the "testimonial" thing, I believe it's a step in the wrong direction."

Sean & the rest of the administration does not believe this is a step in the wrong direction.

"Next, they'll be up loading "8x10 glossies with a description of each on the back", plus anything else at Alice’s Restaurant"

Some of us might remember a sponsor (awhile back) that took this approach (uploading images is great... but dozens of the same one, over & over.... some said 'ugh')and got a lot of negative feedback from the community. That sponsor learned from that experience and current sponsors learn from past LawnSite marketing mistakes.

"Sponsors should keep their “Sponsoring” to their websites, "

Huh? They sponsor to have a presence on LawnSite.com. Sponsor interaction is AWESOME! If all mfg's spent as much time and interaction on LawnSite.com as Meg-Mo they would take full advantage of their advertising dollars.

IMO, my 2 cents ... and, I can't speak for Sean ... he might have a different point of view.
Closed Thread