Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by bastalker
This statement didnt ruin the original thread.....you did! For you to move this to the support forum with the title you gave it, was out of order.. You should have sent him a pm, or a email to CNYScapes.

I agree with him, the blades are over priced. I would have been a little more tackful, but the fact remains, there were plenty of people in this thead to support meg mo without your intervention.. Start leaving well enough alone, an let the sponsers an the members speak for themselves, an quit bein the little caretaker for them......

You should really explain to a member about being banned in a PM, not in a thread.....

Be moderators an not the sponsors nanny...
First off... don't even try to tell me how to do my job. What I do - and/or how I do it is none of your business.

Watch your tone with me.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Founder

fyi .. for those that care .. the thread title '#2 that ruined the original' was not meant to single out a particular post... it pretty much sums up all the off topic flames.

done.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

chuck, there wasn't any tone in my reply. I just simply said that the attack on CNYScapes was not really necessary. DLCS, an John stepped up to the plate, an defended Meg mo. Hell, I defended Meg mo...

The statement from you an Sean about if you havent used the products, you shouldn't be commenting on them, is true to an extent. I replied to this already if you look back.

This forum was founded on opinions. Most forums on the net are. I simply said that CNYScapes could have worded things differently, and Meg mo had more than enough people to respond to his reply, including me if you read through the whole thread.

Sean an I were replying at the same time, an got our replies crossed.

Again chuck, I understand that what you do, an how you do it is none of my buisness, but I was watching my tone, an didn't mean anything derogatory by it....
Old 03-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Founder

ok, ... headache and crazy day/night for me ... no hard feelings.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

This is the best explanation I've found on how the Meg-Mo system works.

This is quoted from Meg-Mo on another thread:

"I am no engineer so as to give a long story how the MEG MO work I wont. We thank since we don't have that long piece of steel to cut thru the air which makes the air go both up and down taking grass with. WE only have only 5 1/2 inches of steel to the out side to cut thru the air."

I think that settles it.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by darryl gesner
This is the best explanation I've found on how the Meg-Mo system works.

This is quoted from Meg-Mo on another thread:

"I am no engineer so as to give a long story how the MEG MO work I wont. We thank since we don't have that long piece of steel to cut thru the air which makes the air go both up and down taking grass with. WE only have only 5 1/2 inches of steel to the out side to cut thru the air."

I think that settles it.
So, you base your whole opinion about Meg Mo blades on that one post? These forums are great but sometimes things are not always easily typed, sometimes its easier on the phone explaining things. Remember not everyone here is a English major.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 03-21-2004, 01:10 PM

I did not want this to happen. Nevertheless, it did. I am all for everyone speaking their mind. There was a thread started earlier by a "troll-type" user who had 4 posts total, all being hostile towards the members, the site's administration and me specifically. I think the acronym was "FUSA"....one of the members stated that the site has gotten better since I too calmed down, and they were right. I have calmed down since taking over the site. So I will exercise calmness here as well...

CNY, Pete, bastalker, etc... I understand what all of you are saying and I do not hold it against you or anything like that. You are all respected members of this site and I do not want to see any lines being drawn in the sand.

Roy (Meg-Mo) has his way of promoting his products - maybe you agree, maybe you disagree. I am just trying to use sense and sensibility here, which explains the rule about not commenting unless you have extensively used the product you are commenting on.

Maybe what I should do is buy a set of blades from Roy and give them to the person who truly doubts the value of the blades. Let them use them, post pics, give their opinion, etc... I don't know.....what do you all think? I'd have to clear it with Roy, but I would definitely like to see what someone thinks once using the blades.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

sean, very kind thought of you but i wouldnt do it.

after reading this childish thread my personal opinion (probably alot of others too)

THIS IS A FREE WEBSITE DEAL WITH IT!!! if you dont like it go, scram, cya, dont let the door hit you on your way out. i have dealt with tons stuff i dont like on here, have i complained? people bash teenagers for trying to start a business and using garden tractors and pick up trucks but whos really acting like a teen here????
Old 03-21-2004, 02:14 PM

Scottie,

You might be right....you are definitely right about this being a free site....as far as giving away a set of blades, maybe it is a good way to eliminate some of the banter, maybe not. Like I said, I would have to check with Roy first anyway.

Some one may try and take this out of context or dig up a post that seems I feel otherwise, but it is true....the members make the site, but the sponsors make the site possible. It is my job as well as the rest of the administration to make sure both ends work in harmony so this site can continue growing and be the premier and largest accumulation of information, opinions, and commentary this industry has to offer. I know I learn something new from this site everyday....
Old 03-21-2004, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Member

This should have been one of those threads that never had a response. And after a few hours would have faded into the archives anyway. I just read this entire thread. Nothing but a waste of my time.

Invent The Future,
Don't Predict It
Closed Thread