Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-29-2004, 03:03 PM
chuckwk's Avatar
chuckwk chuckwk is offline
Founder
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: KC, MO
Posts: 636
"A troll is deliberately crafted to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy. A troll is a time thief. To troll is to steal from people. That is what makes trolling heinous.

Trolls can be identified by their disengagement from a conversation or argument. They do not believe what they say, but merely say it for effect.

Trolls are motivated by a desire for attention by people and can't or won't acquire it in a productive manner.

Someone may be insufferable, infuriating, fanatical, and an ignorant idiot to boot without being a troll.

Also note that a troll isn't necessarily insulting, snide, or even impolite. Only the crudest, most obvious, forms of trolling can be identified so easily.

If you find yourself patiently explaining, at length and in great detail, some obscure point to someone who isn't even being polite to you, then you are probably being trolled."
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Lazer_Z's Avatar
Lazer_Z Lazer_Z is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,640
Thank You very much Chuck
__________________
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-29-2004, 04:10 PM
chuckwk's Avatar
chuckwk chuckwk is offline
Founder
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: KC, MO
Posts: 636
no problem .....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-29-2004, 05:52 PM
LawnMower's Avatar
LawnMower LawnMower is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally posted by deere mowers
How did you find out about the people that were banned?
I was searching for some subject such as double blades, or something. Thats when I noticed some of the guys that had post's were banned. I then looked at there previous posts to see if they said something really bad. I couldn't find much.

The next step was to ask someone who knew why they were banned.

thank you for the responses.
__________________
John Erik Nelson Properties LTD
401-749-0101
Newport
Rhode Island

2003 Ford F350 Dully V10 4+4
2003 Bobcat 61 inch ZTR, 25 horse Kolher
2002 Bobcat 54-inch walk behind, 17 horse Kawasaki
Stihl Back blower
2 Stihl strait shaft weed whackers
Stihl Chain saw
Little wonder hedge trimmer
Toro 22
9 foot Fisher plow
12+6 trailer
Red Max 8000 blower
Protero grass catcher for ZTR
Easy Dumper insert
water tank and pump set up for truck
Magna matic blade ballancer and grinder
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-29-2004, 05:57 PM
chuckwk's Avatar
chuckwk chuckwk is offline
Founder
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: KC, MO
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally posted by LawnMower
I was searching for some subject such as double blades, or something. Thats when I noticed some of the guys that had post's were banned. I then looked at there previous posts to see if they said something really bad. I couldn't find much.

The next step was to ask someone who knew why they were banned.

thank you for the responses.
Chances are ... if whatever they posted got them banned that particular post would have been removed from the public forums.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Martino's Avatar
Martino Martino is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,742
Quote:
Originally posted by chuckwk
"A troll is deliberately crafted to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy. A troll is a time thief. To troll is to steal from people. That is what makes trolling heinous.

Trolls can be identified by their disengagement from a conversation or argument. They do not believe what they say, but merely say it for effect.

Trolls are motivated by a desire for attention by people and can't or won't acquire it in a productive manner.

Someone may be insufferable, infuriating, fanatical, and an ignorant idiot to boot without being a troll.

Also note that a troll isn't necessarily insulting, snide, or even impolite. Only the crudest, most obvious, forms of trolling can be identified so easily.

If you find yourself patiently explaining, at length and in great detail, some obscure point to someone who isn't even being polite to you, then you are probably being trolled."
Trolls are also the little guys with the funny hair and big ears that live under the bridge.
__________________
.


And all that "idiot" talk. My, my.... I thought only wingers like myself did that....

-GreenT


.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-10-2004, 09:02 PM
cajuncutter cajuncutter is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Shreveport,La
Posts: 626
I think I would rather be accused of gnomeing not trolling
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-11-2004, 10:23 PM
dmbmikee dmbmikee is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally posted by 1MajorTom
There are a few reasons to get banned.
The worst offender is the new member that signs up to just spam the board over and over with whatever they are selling. Those types of members get the boot immediately.

If a member continually over and over disrupts the forum fighting with members, obscene language, trolling, and total disrespect for the lawnsite community, then action must be taken.
Fortunately, we have a great bunch of members, so banning is not a big issue here.
People actually do that ****? Man that sucks! Like we don't already have enough popups and other invasive advertising.
__________________
Thanks for your advice!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-11-2004, 10:36 PM
1MajorTom's Avatar
1MajorTom 1MajorTom is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,095
There are no popups on this site. You must be mistaken.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-11-2004, 10:48 PM
dmbmikee dmbmikee is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally posted by 1MajorTom
There are no popups on this site. You must be mistaken.
Sorry for the ambiguity. I meant in comparison to the volume of advertising internet users are already faced with (nothing to do with this site).
__________________
Thanks for your advice!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.10205 seconds with 8 queries